Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

T roc 2.0 tsi dsg 2 years old

8K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  twist 
#1 ·
Vw app just flagged up air con service due.
Car two years old now, 13,000 miles completed.
Enquired vw Norwich cost, £89.
Now I know its gassed because it works very well, if it has a leak it will stop working, so what the heck do they do for £89?
Local garages will not charge anywhere near this.
What do you suggest I do?
Car has last 12 moths warranty left

#3 ·
Checking/topping-up air con every couple of years has been standard for VW for some time. Along with brake fluid change (which is more important), it is a money making opportunity which is too good to pass up.

I'm not sure what is involved, but I doubt if it involves replacing the gas as opposed to topping-up.

All vehicles with air conditioning manufactured since 1st January 2017 use the new R1234YF air con gas which is more environmentally friendly. Since this date, manufacturers are no longer allowed to use the older R134A air con gas in a bid to reduce global warming.

Both Kwik Fit and Halfords offer a free air-con check and prices for service as follows;

Kwik Fit - R1234YF gas, the cost to recharge is £129.95
Halfords - £50 (gas type not specified) or £60 for a full air-con service including cleaning.

#4 ·
They used to do this on my Audi's, essentially they check the gassing level and put a cleaner through it. Happened on my Ford's I had previously as well. I suppose there is some logic to having the system cleansed, as there is always the possibility of legionnaire's I guess?

If they try for a brake fluid change, on my Audi's the first brake fluid change was a 3 years, then every 2 thereafter.

#5 ·
Answers.
The VW app only flagged up and is showing every time I log into app.
We connect app is showing all details ref next servicing but not air on and usual feedback on many things including a speed level I set to email if I exceeded it.this works as wife on her iPad had email stating I had exceeded 75 when going to London weds !!

I have had four VW in past 20 odd years and have never had air con checked after 13000 miles and two years.
As I said if the gas is leaking it soon stops the air con working.
Ref flushing etc never heard about that.

My action will be until three year warranty runs out jan 2021 to wait for the car to tell me ref aircon service not the VW app.

Who knows I may have a R t roc 300 hp by then !

#7 ·
Thanks T roo
Of course it was on the motorways and to prevent any inadvertent problems and following the traffic whilst overtaking my speed indicated from we connect app email stated speed.
I reality I was with 35000 other cars on the m11 and m25 motorways.
I had also not switched on auto speed hold or follow me system.
I try as far as possible to abide by limits.

#8 ·
Fidds t roc said:
Thanks T roo
Of course it was on the motorways and to prevent any inadvertent problems and following the traffic whilst overtaking my speed indicated from we connect app email stated speed.
I reality I was with 35000 other cars on the m11 and m25 motorways.
I had also not switched on auto speed hold or follow me system.
I try as far as possible to abide by limits.
Of course. I'm in no position to criticise ( ;) ) but I am very suspicious about all this tech that knows where you are and how fast you're travelling. Just something to keep in mind :) .

#9 ·
Surprised me.
The we connect app is designed to do just that.
When you press the inside red or green buttons it goes to connect.
Also the systems track you for safety and parking and theft etc.
I thi k it's great, I also have Google maps on saving where I am and where I have been, also linked in my sons so they can share location at any time anywhere.
Also t roc electronics on control of the car are I think class leading and work fine.
I have yet to test nod off alarm as yet and hope not have to!
HPoy weekend.

#10 ·
Fidds t roc said:
Surprised me.
The we connect app is designed to do just that.
When you press the inside red or green buttons it goes to connect.
Also the systems track you for safety and parking and theft etc.
I thi k it's great, I also have Google maps on saving where I am and where I have been, also linked in my sons so they can share location at any time anywhere.
Also t roc electronics on control of the car are I think class leading and work fine.
I have yet to test nod off alarm as yet and hope not have to!
HPoy weekend.
Nod off alarm works fine - I've tried it with lane control on a quiet road and it does exactly what it says

#11 ·
Nod off tested by hovering hands at 10 to 2 position. A beep after a while followed by another type of beep. Then followed by a jab of the brakes! THAT will get your attention!

#12 ·
Bigwheel said:
Nod off tested by hovering hands at 10 to 2 position. A beep after a while followed by another type of beep. Then followed by a jab of the brakes! THAT will get your attention!
I think that's just Lane Assist making sure you're holding the wheel.

I'm pretty sure the fatigue system is much smarter. I read that it measures various driver inputs during the first few minutes of your driving on each trip (steering input, throttle, brake) and uses them as a baseline for detecting delayed or erratic inputs and gives you a different warning along with a message telling you to take a break.

#14 ·
twist said:
Bigwheel said:
I think that's just Lane Assist making sure you're holding the wheel.

I'm pretty sure the fatigue system is much smarter. I read that it measures various driver inputs during the first few minutes of your driving on each trip (steering input, throttle, brake) and uses them as a baseline for detecting delayed or erratic inputs and gives you a different warning along with a message telling you to take a break.
So it will be sounding off all the time for learner drivers then ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#15 ·
Impala said:
So it will be sounding off all the time for learner drivers then ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I can't imagine many driving schools using an SEL/R-line T-Roc :lol: mind you I've seen a few BMW 1 Series M Sports with the big triangle on the roof. Learner insurance must be crazy on something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.