Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Delayed build week (major)

908K views 2K replies 240 participants last post by  wezpop 
#1 ·
My order was placed in March with an estimated delivery date for the end of June. That's fine, and I was prepared for the risk of some delay. My dealer had just told me that a provisional build weekday has now been set - for September! The dealer was unable to give me an explanation, but has told me that he will look into this. If my car is built in September I am probably looking at delivery in November - a lead time of 8 months. That's just too long.

I am very interested to know the experience of others in this forum, whether they are expecting delays on this scale, and if so whether they are aware of any reason for it. If you have no recent update I suggest you check this out with your dealership. At the moment I feel aggrieved and find it unacceptable to be told that I should expect such a delay. Maybe a proper explanation will be forthcoming but I'm not holding my breath. Seriously considering cancellation, but the trouble is I really like this car.

All comments welcome please.

#2,453 ·
T Roo said:
T Roc Chick said:
I don't tend to name my cars, and refer to them as 'it' :lol:
Aww, but this one is special; how about "pumpkin"? Nah, just stick with "it" because if anything goes wrong you can just add "sh" ;)

Can't wait to see it!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#2,455 ·
My build week looks to be delayed too 😡 was told mid to end of March but that seems unlikely at this point without a stage 3 notice yet.

Is it Friday that you usually get the stage 3 or is that just coincidence that I've seen others have had theirs on a Friday (along with my first T-Roc last year)?

#2,456 ·
twist said:
My build week looks to be delayed too 😡 was told mid to end of March but that seems unlikely at this point without a stage 3 notice yet.

Is it Friday that you usually get the stage 3 or is that just coincidence that I've seen others have had theirs on a Friday (along with my first T-Roc last year)?
I think its Friday yes.
It could still happen for March, can be as little as four weeks before it's scheduled when they text you.

#2,457 ·
T Roc Chick said:
Got a stage 7 text this morning so it's on its way to the dealer :D
EDIT: Looks like delivery will be Thursday 6th Feb as it's coming up on a transporter

#2,458 ·
Bellatrix.gen said:
Hi Impala,
Thanks for your additional hint. Actually I got this guideline from manual ( I always do read most important info about the car I have) so there is actually nothing about the 50 mph mark but wont do any harm to stick to this rule :D .
There is already 240 miles done and sometimes hit 60 -70 mph but only few mins.
Manual says max speed about 118 mph so 2/3 of this would be 78 mph - still a decent margin.
The manual certainly refers to running in new tyres for the first 600km (search for 'new tyres' in your PDF viewer) and I think I've read elsewhere of a 50 mph recommended speed.

I think you will find the manual refers to 2/3 of the maximum engine speed which I take as meaning engine revs. If you use 6000 rpm as a maximum, then you should not rev the engine above 4000 rpm for the first 1500km, but I prefer to keep it under 3000 rpm and using very gentle acceleration. You should also avoid labouring the engine, so aim to keep the revs above 1500 rpm and change down a gear if it drops below that. When accelerating, if you change up a gear when you get above 2000 rpm than that should keep you in the 1500-3000 rpm window.

#2,459 ·
T Roc Chick said:
My car is in the UK :mrgreen:
It's only taken 8 months, it's almost like expecting a baby :lol:
It won't be long now until I see my little bundle of joy....
Good luck with the delivery :lol:

#2,460 ·
Impala said:
T Roc Chick said:
The painful bit will be the payment :mrgreen:

#2,461 ·
T Roc Chick said:
Impala said:
T Roc Chick said:
Are you going private ? The NHS is free at the point of delivery :lol: :lol: :lol:

#2,462 ·
Impala said:
T Roc Chick said:
Impala said:
Are you going private ? The NHS is free at the point of delivery :lol: :lol: :lol:
They wouldn't provide it on the nhs so I have to pay a five figure sum :shock: :lol:

#2,463 ·
twist said:

As I checked ours was confirmed on SAT 19th Oct.
3 weeks prior to be build.

#2,464 ·
Bellatrix.gen said:
twist said:

Interesting. Didn't know the factories were open at the weekend.

#2,465 ·
twist said:
Bellatrix.gen said:
twist said:

Interesting. Didn't know the factories were open at the weekend.
7 for 7,24 hours day

#2,466 ·
twist said:

Check in with your dealer - mine updated me yesterday as build week was 14 but now 10, he said he'd update me Friday too.

Fingers crossed yours will move up the list

#2,470 ·
Stage 3 today but now I have to email my dealer because VW's tracker doesn't actually state the build week 😡 how hard is it to include the week number in the SMS/email notification?!

*shakes fist angrily in the air*

#2,471 ·
twist said:
Stage 3 today but now I have to email my dealer because VW's tracker doesn't actually state the build week 😡 how hard is it to include the week number in the SMS/email notification?!

Oh soon the ship stalking can start :lol:

#2,472 ·
T Roc Chick said:
twist said:

Not sure I'll do that this time around, it was too stressful last year :lol:

#2,473 ·
twist said:
T Roc Chick said:
twist said:

I'm willing to bet that you do.
I watched mine being pulled to the dock by tug boats in real time :D

#2,474 ·
T Roc Chick said:
twist said:
T Roc Chick said:
How did you know which was yours? Was it the only orange one?

#2,475 ·
twist said:
T Roc Chick said:
twist said:
How did you know which was yours? Was it the only orange one?
The ship :mrgreen:
Then I saw my car being lifted and flown by a huge stork :lol:

#2,476 ·
twist said:

I think I recall seeing the week number in the SMS notification (or pop-up) on my phone but not in the actual body of the SMS text message. Unfortunately, you only get one shot to read it, then it's gone and you have to phone the dealer as you said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.