Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

T-Roc how much was deposit £

8K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  minto48 
#1 ·
Hi
Just wondering how much your dealer charged you
for deposit when ordering your T-Roc from the factory?
Thanks

#4 ·
Hi Peter

I tried using it initially but didn't find it that helpful, it didn't see the spaces that I could see... And I'm a very wary Parker! The rear view camera is great though.

#5 ·
peterh said:
Hi Rob
Do you use your park assist much ? How have you found it??
Thanks
I use Park Assist all the time, purely because it such an impressive feature. Passengers always think I must have "paid a fortune for a car that parks its self" :lol: little do they know it was one of the cheapest options!

It's mainly useful if you're parking between cars when there are no bay lines (which screws with me). Or parallel parking which I SUCK at.

But it's tremendously accurate. I think it's screwed up only once and it was almost certainly because I was trying to do it on a bend which doesn't really work.

For £150 I think it's a fantastic party trick.

#6 ·
I should probably give it another try. The fact that it can park itself does sound impressive. Hopefully it's an extra that might help the trade in value when I trade it in... Not that I'm planning on trading it in anytime soon 😁

#8 ·
Rocing Rob said:
I should probably give it another try. The fact that it can park itself does sound impressive. Hopefully it's an extra that might help the trade in value when I trade it in... Not that I'm planning on trading it in anytime soon 😁
Hmm, could be that you weren't driving close enough to the already parked cars? You need to be reasonably close. Like if you're trying to park on the right but driving in the left lane, it won't pick them up.

#11 ·
twist said:
Rocing Rob said:
Hmm, could be that you weren't driving close enough to the already parked cars? You need to be reasonably close. Like if you're trying to park on the right but driving in the left lane, it won't pick them up.
I think it will work on either side, if you are close enough, and you use the indicator to select which side you want to park on.

And £500 for the deposit.

#12 ·
I paid £1000

On the subject of park assist, I rarely use mine so haven't added it on the new one &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

#14 ·
Impala said:
twist said:
Rocing Rob said:
I think it will work on either side, if you are close enough, and you use the indicator to select which side you want to park on.

Yeah it works both sides but the sensors won't reach if you're in the opposite lane. So parking on the right, you need to be more or less in the oncoming lane.

#15 ·
twist said:
Impala said:
twist said:

Yeah it works both sides but the sensors won't reach if you're in the opposite lane. So parking on the right, you need to be more or less in the oncoming lane.
Agreed, but parking in that fashion is frowned upon for many reasons and is even illegal in some countries.

#16 ·
Impala said:
twist said:
Agreed, but parking in that fashion is frowned upon for many reasons and is even illegal in some countries.
Yeah I don't do it, far too dangerous. Just pointing out "the limitations of the system" ;) :lol:

#18 ·
Impala said:
twist said:
Impala said:

Unless it's a one way road with parking on either side or alternate sides (I can recall a few I know)

#20 ·
10% of order value = £2500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.