Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner

Delayed build week (major)

908K views 2K replies 240 participants last post by  wezpop 
#1 ·
My order was placed in March with an estimated delivery date for the end of June. That's fine, and I was prepared for the risk of some delay. My dealer had just told me that a provisional build weekday has now been set - for September! The dealer was unable to give me an explanation, but has told me that he will look into this. If my car is built in September I am probably looking at delivery in November - a lead time of 8 months. That's just too long.

I am very interested to know the experience of others in this forum, whether they are expecting delays on this scale, and if so whether they are aware of any reason for it. If you have no recent update I suggest you check this out with your dealership. At the moment I feel aggrieved and find it unacceptable to be told that I should expect such a delay. Maybe a proper explanation will be forthcoming but I'm not holding my breath. Seriously considering cancellation, but the trouble is I really like this car.

All comments welcome please.

#352 ·
Same dealer as me, I got number to track during the first week after ordering, I think you need to have a word with them !
Is yours auto DSG, they're delayed further I believe

#353 ·
Stage 3 !!! Confirmed build 01/10 which should be BW40 (I think). RB I'd be more than a little surprised if I received mine by end of Oct, & that's on a BW one week prior to yours, although I've heard nothing from my dealer I'm thinking Dec at earliest.
SF

#354 ·
I also got my build week changed today from 39 to 40
So yesterday 24 Sep from vw chat & today 1 oct from vw tracking ??
Do you think they are on the ball
But at least something is happening now been stuck on factory for a couple of months
I still wonder why we all seem to be getting the same dates all of a sudden ?
I ordered mine 18 / 6 / 18

#356 ·
I also had text, email and App update this morning .. moved also to week 40 (1st Oct)

#357 ·
I feel quite lucky (after the nightmares I've had with the dealer) as I placed a factory order at the beginning of August and I've been notified today that build week is 01/10 - hoping that'll mean I'll have the car towards the end of November!!

#359 ·
Funny you should say that Newtroconthebloc as I too have had an update today of a bw of 1/10/18
This is however after VW live chat told me
yesterday that my confirmed bw was 24/09/18
and assured me it would not change ??!!! Still
obviously not communicating correctly but I am now cautiously optimistic that it will arrive but not happy that almost immediately after delivery it will be
2019 and ,as residual values go, a year old. To me this equates to losing money at future trade in.
Anyone else worried about this??

#360 ·
Grafter it's a funny one, as having waited since May you are sort of stuck between a rock & a hard place. My outlook is that Dec 18 or Jan 19, it's still going to be a 68 plate if it was going to be closer to a new 19 plate then that's a different decision.
SF

#361 ·
Having just had to pay £7000 off my pcp on my 4 year old polo sel because we want to keep it for my wife to commute to work in , I decided to get the t- roc on a 3 year lease from carwow so in 3 years I give it back & get another new car with no final pcp to worry about ,
thats the plan anyway 🤞
Funny thing is when we was going to part ex polo vw offered us the worst trade in ( only to cover pcp ) than mini ,seat ,skoda & Audi &#x1f937-2642;

#362 ·
If it's going to be December I'm asking dealer to register in January
If November it's a difficult decision, depends how desperate I am to get my hands on it, I've also got to decide when to try to sell my current car. It's a Mokka, seams to be a demand for them and being 4x4 I'm hoping winter coming will help

#363 ·
Hi Newtroconthebloc. Understand your frustration about delivery. If you have been following my posts on the subject you will note that I am still waiting for a confirmed build date for an order placed in February!

Totally up to you of course but I have said to my dealer that if the car arrives in December.... and who knows if it will, I don't want it until March 1st when the new Reg kicks in. Taking it any earlier on a 68 plate may affect the "sale on" price later down the line. They were quite amenable to that and will hold it for me until the new 19 Reg kicks in. Of course if you "need" a car desperately in January then I guess you will have little choice but to accept it.

1.5SE DSG White/Black SatNav/Digital Screen thingy. (Ordered Feb 28 2018) :-(

#364 ·
ianchelt said:
Hi Newtroconthebloc. Understand your frustration about delivery. If you have been following my posts on the subject you will note that I am still waiting for a confirmed build date for an order placed in February!

Totally up to you of course but I have said to my dealer that if the car arrives in December.... and who knows if it will, I don't want it until March 1st when the new Reg kicks in. Taking it any earlier on a 68 plate may affect the "sale on" price later down the line. They were quite amenable to that and will hold it for me until the new 19 Reg kicks in. Of course if you "need" a car desperately in January then I guess you will have little choice but to accept it.

1.5SE DSG White/Black SatNav/Digital Screen thingy. (Ordered Feb 28 2018) :-(
Wow that's a long time to wait, I couldn't leave it til March, 1 think year of manufacture is more important than reg these days as it changes twice a year but I get your decision.
Is your delay because of dsg ? As well as 1.5 engine.

#365 ·
Well the delay is mainly down to the WLPT issue which we are all suffering from. Apparently, the manufacture of my car was put 'on hold" back in June and rescheduled to a 2019 build model... I'm told that this happened to all "non standard" build cars i.e. those who had factory fitted options placed on it. Why was it not built before June/ July and not built before WLTP kicked in?... I put that down to the supply of both the 1.5 EVO engine and the DSG. The 1.5 engine being "new" and in high demand across the VW product range.. the DSG down to poor supply lines. My unofficial build date is now Week 42 but dealer says this will definitely change before I get a confirmed build date... Our best guess is that this may be November with a manufacture and delivery time to the UK maybe in December... Hence my telling them to "shove it" until 1st March. When you've waited as long as I have then a couple of months isn't going to make any difference. A couple of positives. At least I won't be getting one of the pre-September built T-Rocs that have been sitting on some airfield in Portugal waiting to be WLPT tested!!! Secondly, VW UK have stumped up with a loan car for me.. Brand new 68 plate 1.6D Golf. I get to keep this until the delivery of my T-Roc. Which is some compensation I guess as this allowed me to part exchanged my own car with the dealer this week thus preserving the bulk e of my Feb 2018 part exchange offer.

1.5SE EVO DSG White/Black SatNav/Digital Screen thingy. (Ordered Feb 28 2018) :-(

#366 ·
ianchelt said:
Well the delay is mainly down to the WLPT issue which we are all suffering from. Apparently, the manufacture of my car was put 'on hold" back in June and rescheduled to a 2019 build model... I'm told that this happened to all "non standard" build cars i.e. those who had factory fitted options placed on it. Why was it not built before June/ July and not built before WLTP kicked in?... I put that down to the supply of both the 1.5 EVO engine and the DSG. The 1.5 engine being "new" and in high demand across the VW product range.. the DSG down to poor supply lines. My unofficial build date is now Week 42 but dealer says this will definitely change before I get a confirmed build date... Our best guess is that this may be November with a manufacture and delivery time to the UK maybe in December... Hence my telling them to "shove it" until 1st March. When you've waited as long as I have then a couple of months isn't going to make any difference. A couple of positives. At least I won't be getting one of the pre-September built T-Rocs that have been sitting on some airfield in Portugal waiting to be WLPT tested!!! Secondly, VW UK have stumped up with a loan car for me.. Brand new 68 plate 1.6D Golf. I get to keep this until the delivery of my T-Roc. Which is some compensation I guess as this allowed me to part exchanged my own car with the dealer this week thus preserving the bulk e of my Feb 2018 part exchange offer.

1.5SE EVO DSG White/Black SatNav/Digital Screen thingy. (Ordered Feb 28 2018) :-(
How did you manage to get a loan car? We ordered ours in June was first told build date of October then end of September then in August told 10th sept build week now after chasing for an update they e told us they no longer have a build date which 'may' be due to vw rescheduling all the builds. A friend of mine sold her car on the basis of buying ours in October so we could be facing a month + of no car. Really frustrating, whilst we knew about the testing I can't understand why vw didn't factor the testing downtime into giving people time frames I'm stumped as to how they can be so behind. We've seen brand new trocs sitting in our local vw's holding car park so they're obviously being build and are coming through.
The most frustrating bit for us is everytime we speak to them we get different time frames and this time we didn't find out til today after chasing our dealer that the car wasn't put out to be built last week as we were told in August! I wonder if we hadn't enquiried when they would've bothered to notify us our car is delayed! We're considering pulling out now we're just so fed up of being given different info all the time. Vw could've gone a bit further with the customer service provision given they knew about these delays.

#367 ·
Hi Dbledee88

As regards the loan car... This deal was brokered on my behalf by my local VW dealer. VW UK recognised that my wait time from February 2018 til now was quite extraordinary and sympathised with my situation and recognised that the part exchange value of my car was fast depreciating. The dealer has also been excellent and has honoured the original part exchange price given in February. So I have this week handed over my car to them and they have loaned me a (brand new 68 plate) VW Golf until such time the T-Roc arrives. VW UK are paying for the loan car and the local dealer has sucked up the last 6 months depreciation on my own car. So talk to your dealer is my advice. If it's a good one, it is in their best interests to help!

I have been monitoring the T-Roc delivery and supply system since April/May both on this forum and other sources. All I can say to help is that the T-Roc supply chain has been subject to a number of issues. The WLPT issue is but just one of them. Supply of DSG gear boxes and the 1.5 EVO engine another. The T-Rocs you are probably seeing are 1.0l TSI and 2.0l diesel variants. They were still building them right up until July then storing them in a number of locations in Portugal. Mainly a Portugese Air Force Base near the factory. These are now being released into the supply chain after undergoing WLPT testing. If you have ordered a 1.5TSI you may have a long wait. If you ordered a DSG box on top of that... well... I understand they are just about to start production of those this week. The order list is probably quite long as apparently the 1.5 EVO is a very popular engine and they are planning to eventually role it out right across the VW group... VW, Skoda, Seat & Audi.

What I have just said above is of course subject to a certain amount of speculation gained though what guys have said on this forum and what my dealer and other web trawls I have done over the last 4 months. But I'm betting I'm not that far off the truth but at the same time happy to be shot down in flames if someone has any better information out there to share.

Best of luck.

1.5SE TSI EVO DSG White/Black SatNav/Digital Screen thingy. (Ordered Feb 28 2018) :-(

#368 ·
I hope you are wrong :-D As I supposedly have a confirmed build starting 01/10, with 1.5 EVO. Dbldee I'm not sure how your dealer can tell you that ordering in June would get you your car in Oct, we ordered in May & whilst the dealer stated Oct on the paperwork, he reckoned Nov was more realistic. I'm assuming on a 01/10 BW that I should see my car before Xmas. A friend of mine has just gotten a loan car but he has waited for over 12 months on a Golf-E!
SF

#369 ·
I also have a confirmed BW starting 1st Oct for a 1.5 manual (I believe a few of us have received confirmed build weeks now for 1st Oct). My dealer has confirmed I have moved from stage 10 to 20 within the internal VW system the factory uses. I heard the opposite in that DSGs are delayed slightly more than manuals, but we are all being fed different information, it's difficult to know what is correct. I posted a chat transcript a few pages back which stated for 1.5 EVO we are still waiting for WLTP certification, but that physical testing was complete. So even if our cars do get built, I'm not sure we will see them just yet :-(.

#370 ·
I ordered my car on the 17 of February and I'm still waiting. It beggars belief VW can bring out a new model then can't make them. What would be nice is if VW would actually tell there customers what's going on and for those who stick with the ridiculous time scales get some form of compensation. I very much doubt if I will ever trust this company again. I would not recommend them to anyone who asks. Let's hope when I get the car it's worth the wait and it lasts the course.

#371 ·
Rosco said:
I ordered my car on the 17 of February and I'm still waiting. It beggars belief VW can bring out a new model then can't make them. What would be nice is if VW would actually tell there customers what's going on and for those who stick with the ridiculous time scales get some form of compensation. I very much doubt if I will ever trust this company again. I would not recommend them to anyone who asks. Let's hope when I get the car it's worth the wait and it lasts the course.
I sympathize with you but having been quoted a 6 to 9 month deliivery for my first choice 'configured' car, I decided to seek out an in-stock car and happily took delivery of a new '68' plate car some 3 weeks later. You can read of my purchase experiance in this and other Threads.

Have you considered cancelling your order?. There are dozens of cars, if not hundreds, in showrooms throughout the UK. However the majority are diesels but you can go to, for example, Carwow.co.uk, configure the T-Roc of choice and receive 5 e-mailed discounted offers from a variety of dealerships.

I did this and got my T-Roc with my 6 first-choice colours/optional extras, from JCT600 Wakefield via Carwow. JCT600 group has nearly 30 new, ex- demo and young - used in stock many being the higher spec SELs & R-Lines. Another main dealer is Inchcape, one of their showrooms arranged my test-drive here in Manchester. I have just received a £20 gift voucher from Carwow for using their website.

However, if you are still determined to wait for your configured T-Roc (delivery dates depend upon the engine / speciification of choice - what is your spec?) I hope you get a firm delivery date in the not too distant future.

#372 ·
Welcome to the club Rosco
Would be good to know what you've ordered, trim level,engine, extras etc. Eg if it's a 1.5 engine with DSG gearbox there's others on here with the same story
You can add your car details as your signature as mine below....

#375 ·
Incredible really. I guess it might be down to the cyclinder deativation and how they work that into a mpg/emissions test. There will be totally different numbers when it's on 2 cyclinders or 4 and how much of an average drive is on 2 and how much on 4, etc, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.