All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
BarryF

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by BarryF » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Disdain wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:34 pm
BarryF wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:52 pm
Just had a message from the dealer. I've now got an unconfirmed build week of 37 (Mid September) and a delvivery of mid October, although the offical status is still stage 2 (with the factory).

Anyone know how much credence I should place on this?

I was originally quoted a lead time of 22 weeks (end of July) :roll:
I'd go for a stock order. They had loads of greys. Camera you can get dealer to fit for few hundred quid more. You'd have it in a few weeks then.
I'll have to have a look around :)
Regards,

Barry

1.5 TSI DSG SEL, Indium Grey, Rear View Camera
Ordered : 20/2/19
Stage 2 : 1/3/19
Stage 3 : 11/5/19

jakejake

Post by jakejake » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:17 pm

:? Was expecting stage 3 update last week for unconfirmed build week 19, still nothing. Anyone else with confirmed build week 19?

jonbrighton

Post by jonbrighton » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:17 pm

I’m still waiting on an unconfirmed one!
Ordered 12/01/2019
1.5TSI DSG SEL
Ravenna Blue
Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack, Sunroof

avamissile

Post by avamissile » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:21 pm

jonbrighton wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:17 pm
I’m still waiting on an unconfirmed one!
Same here, I actually ordered mine on the exact same day as you!! My dealer has an unconfirmed build date of 13th May but I’ve heard nothing to confirm this.
1.0L Design.
White-Silver with black roof.
Active Info Display.
LED Headlights.
Silver Anodised Roof Rails.
Ordered 12th January 2019.
Estimated collection end of July.

jonbrighton

Post by jonbrighton » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:35 pm

I’m going to call in next week - I’m in Oman now and I rather speak face to face than email.

Fingers crossed for both of us!
Ordered 12/01/2019
1.5TSI DSG SEL
Ravenna Blue
Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Winter Pack, Sunroof

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Helen657 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:36 pm
Helen657 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Hi newtroconthebloc
I had the order form and brochure with me and they both say “electric opening & closing tailgate” - we have the exact same option on our Tiguan so I knew what to expect. I’ve told the salesman that this not working would be a dealbreaker for me as I would not have ordered the car without the ability to remotely close the tailgate. Anyway, they had another TRoc out back with the electric tailgate so he raced round to check it out & said the key (& door button) both opened AND closed the tailgate as I’d said should happen, so they’ve accepted it’s either a software or wiring fault. I’ll let you know what happens!
Thanks Helen
That would be good, mine only opens remotely, it does close electrically but only by pressing button
Hi again,
Well after reading Hawkeye’s comment & reading the manual, I can confirm that I can open the tailgate with the key fob & with the driver door button, and can close it with the button in the tailgate & (with ignition on) the driver door button. It will only close with the key fob if you’ve got the keyless system. The dealer had the car yesterday to see if they could retrofit anything to get it to work, but unfortunately they can’t. I don’t want to set the bootlid to open to a lower setting (it hurts when you headbutt it 🤣), so was going to attach a piece of paracord inside which I could pull on to lower the boot, but instead am using a 2ft long pole I keep tucked inside the boot!! Result 😁
It’s a small price to pay for such a nice car

Dealership was genuinely surprised that VW have changed the key fob electronics to boot opening only and acknowledged it was a step backwards and that the literature was misleading, so at least other buyers should hopefully now get the right info!

Well, after swearing to all that my tailgate doesn’t close with the drivers door switch..... it does 🤬
Nobody told me you still pull it up to close and open it (so it’s not my fault) and there’s a delay before it closes.
Can’t trust anyone these days !
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:59 pm
Helen657 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:40 pm
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks Helen
That would be good, mine only opens remotely, it does close electrically but only by pressing button
Hi again,
Well after reading Hawkeye’s comment & reading the manual, I can confirm that I can open the tailgate with the key fob & with the driver door button, and can close it with the button in the tailgate & (with ignition on) the driver door button. It will only close with the key fob if you’ve got the keyless system. The dealer had the car yesterday to see if they could retrofit anything to get it to work, but unfortunately they can’t. I don’t want to set the bootlid to open to a lower setting (it hurts when you headbutt it 🤣), so was going to attach a piece of paracord inside which I could pull on to lower the boot, but instead am using a 2ft long pole I keep tucked inside the boot!! Result 😁
It’s a small price to pay for such a nice car

Dealership was genuinely surprised that VW have changed the key fob electronics to boot opening only and acknowledged it was a step backwards and that the literature was misleading, so at least other buyers should hopefully now get the right info!

Well, after swearing to all that my tailgate doesn’t close with the drivers door switch..... it does 🤬
Nobody told me you still pull it up to close and open it (so it’s not my fault) and there’s a delay before it closes.
Can’t trust anyone these days !
.......but to close it with the door switch, you have to have the ignition on
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

davidf27

Post by davidf27 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Anybody know how soon after the build week its likely to be on a boat?
Finally got build week 18 (29th April) confirmed.
1.0 TSI SEL - Pearl Black - Park assist - Rear View Camera - Ordered 19/11/18 - Delivered 15th May 2019 and love it, faultless drive!

avamissile

Post by avamissile » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 pm

davidf27 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:05 pm
Anybody know how soon after the build week its likely to be on a boat?
Finally got build week 18 (29th April) confirmed.
The fact that you’ve had your confirmed build week so close to the actual date, gives me hope that I might hear about my confirmed build in the next couple of weeks!
1.0L Design.
White-Silver with black roof.
Active Info Display.
LED Headlights.
Silver Anodised Roof Rails.
Ordered 12th January 2019.
Estimated collection end of July.

Dwayne T-Roc Johnson

Post by Dwayne T-Roc Johnson » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Good to hear more has gotten their build dates. Im still looking far and wide for mine :roll:
My dealer told me a few days before april started that he was almost certain to receive the cars VIN number around april 1st. Buuuut, there has been nothing but silence ever since :(
Maybe it's just VW who really hates sending cars to Denmark :D
T-Roc 1.5 TSI DSG Sport (SEL) Urano Grey
18" rims
R-Line
Panoramic Roof
Reverse camera
Beats Sound
And loads of assistant systems
Ordered: May 1, 2018
Build week: ??
Collection: 16th of May 2019