Volume turning down

All Volkswagen T-Roc R related discussions
Vicki94

Volume turning down

Post by Vicki94 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:38 pm

I purchased my t-roc in September. Since then I have been having numerous problems with the volume turning itself down which is resulting into me having to turn the volume back up again. anyone else had this problem ??

avamissile

Re: Volume turning down

Post by avamissile » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:21 pm

I wonder if you have it on an automatic setting where the volume is adjusted according to noise in and around the car?
1.0L Design, White-Silver with Active Info Display, LED Headlights and Silver Anodised Roof Rails. Ordered 12th January 2019, estimated collection end of July.

twist

Post by twist » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Doesn’t the t-roc have gesture control for volume? Is it possible you’re moving your hand near the screen? I think you move your hand in a circular motion to turn volume up/down.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist
Rear view cam
Driver assist pack plus
“Chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Estimated delivery: a million years.

Vicki94

Post by Vicki94 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:31 pm

I’ve switched off all volume controls with speed and news reports.
I keep my right hand on the steering wheel and left hand on the gear stick so it’s no where near the volume. It’s juts causing frustration and Volkswagen won’t do anything about it

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:44 pm

twist wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:22 pm
Doesn’t the t-roc have gesture control for volume? Is it possible you’re moving your hand near the screen? I think you move your hand in a circular motion to turn volume up/down.
Nope no gesture control @twist

@Vicky94 - is it just doing it randomly, or are there a particular set of circumstances? Are there occasions where it goes quiet and then comes back up without you adjusting the volume?
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Vicki94

Post by Vicki94 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:49 am

Yes it happens randomly when I’m driving. Sometimes the volume may not go back up so I have to do it manually

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:19 am

Vicki94 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:49 am
Yes it happens randomly when I’m driving. Sometimes the volume may not go back up so I have to do it manually
Ok. Just to check (and apologies if you have already adjusted/checked these)
- do you have TP (Traffic Program) switched on for the radio - what volume setting?
- do you navigation fitted - if so what volume setting
- are you on FM or DAB for the radio? I’ve sometimes had some odd volumes with DAB due to reception when driving. If you are on DAB, try using FM for a while to see if it still happens. Or if on FM, try a different station or DAB.

I’m just wondering if with the first 2 above, if the volume is lower than your normal setting whether they are the issue?

Certainly very odd what’s happening though.
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Grrralph

Post by Grrralph » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:53 am

Vicki I had a problem which was very similar, may be the same. The radio volume fluctuated, going quieter than coming back. I tried Hawkeye's idea of switching from DAB to FM but this made no difference. In the end I went to the volume settings. There are very many options. One of those settings (the very last) is "Entertainment fading (nav. announce)". I switched it off.

I have attached a photograph to illustrate.

This solved the problem. I'm not sure that it is the best solution but it worked for me. Give it a try.

Regards from a sunny Manchester.

IMG_4230.jpg

Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 - arrived in UK 9 November collected 26 November '18.

Vicki94

Post by Vicki94 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am

Thankyou for reply Hawkeye. I have tried these settings and they are all switched off and I don’t have a built in sat nav into the car.
I do listen to the radio on FM all the time, so I am unsure what the problem is. Every time I take it back to Volkswagen it doesn’t happen for them (very typical) but I have video evidence it happens.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Vicki94 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am
Thankyou for reply Hawkeye. I have tried these settings and they are all switched off and I don’t have a built in sat nav into the car.
I do listen to the radio on FM all the time, so I am unsure what the problem is. Every time I take it back to Volkswagen it doesn’t happen for them (very typical) but I have video evidence it happens.
Stumped for what it could be then Vicki94 -I would have though that if you have video evidence the dealership should accept that in lieu of being able to re-create the problem, as it's clear it happens. If they won't then would suggest a word with the Service Manager and/or Customer Services for next step - it may be a faulty infotainment unit perhaps (for instance)
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19