Is the VW bodywork protection worth it?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
T Roo

Re: Is the VW bodywork protection worth it?

Post by T Roo » Fri May 17, 2019 7:59 pm

avamissile wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:41 pm
If I trusted myself to do a good job of it, I would absolutely consider this. Just not sure that I would do it correctly and mess the whole thing up!
Simply follow the advice of Mr Miyagi: Wax on, wax off ;) . Apply in small circles, allow to dry, buff off. Avoid getting polish on plastic areas. Lovely, shiny. LifeShiny (and £££££'s saved) :D

ps don't listen to Hawkeye, he's a fanatic :mrgreen:

1.5 tsi emoo | Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Detachable Spoiler

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 pm

Haha - true!

To be honest if you wash the car regularly, wax it twice a year and after each wash wipe over with detailer, in all honesty you don’t need Lifeshine
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 pm
Haha - true!

To be honest if you wash the car regularly, wax it twice a year and after each wash wipe over with detailer, in all honesty you don’t need Lifeshine
I suspect that somewhere in your 'car preservation toolkit' you have a soft-headed toothbrush for those confined, hard-to-get-at places to ensure dirt cannot lurk for long. Also, you have a tube of Solvol Autosol. I'm right aren't I? ;)

1.5 tsi emoo | Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Detachable Spoiler

T Roc Chick

Post by T Roc Chick » Fri May 17, 2019 8:22 pm

I agree with Hawkeye. Dealers won't do it as well as detailers.
But it's your money, your car.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 10:49 pm

T Roo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 pm
Haha - true!

I suspect that somewhere in your 'car preservation toolkit' you have a soft-headed toothbrush for those confined, hard-to-get-at places to ensure dirt cannot lurk for long. Also, you have a tube of Solvol Autosol. I'm right aren't I? ;)
Yes soft headed toothbrush along with 2 complete sets of different sized brushes (one set for the outside, one set for the inside) and a box of cottonwool buds for those really stubborn to clean bits. Somewhere I do also have some Solvol, but really only use that very occasionally as it's a bit too aggressive for general use - instead I prefer using either GTechniq M10, Meguairs NXT or Mothers Mag and Alloy on shiny metal bits (depending on what I'm cleaning). Mainly on the car shiny bits it's GTechniq M10 applied with a make-up remover pad, as it gets stains off a bit easier than either the Meguiars or Mothers.

well....you did ask (sorry!)
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri May 17, 2019 10:59 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:49 pm
Yes soft headed toothbrush along with 2 complete sets of different sized brushes (one set for the outside, one set for the inside) and a box of cottonwool buds for those really stubborn to clean bits. Somewhere I do also have some Solvol, but really only use that very occasionally as it's a bit too aggressive for general use - instead I prefer using either GTechniq M10, Meguairs NXT or Mothers Mag and Alloy on shiny metal bits (depending on what I'm cleaning). Mainly on the car shiny bits it's GTechniq M10 applied with a make-up remover pad, as it gets stains off a bit easier than either the Meguiars or Mothers.

well....you did ask (sorry!)
Please come in Mr Hawkeye, the Doctor will see you now... :shock: :lol:

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Haha - damn OCD LOL
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19