Got a TXT from my dealer

Post pictures of your Volkswagen T-Roc here
Hawkeye

Re: Got a TXT from my dealer

Post by Hawkeye » Sun May 26, 2019 8:21 am

I’ve had Diamondbrite applied before when I bought a Mitsubishi Evo X (dealer included as part of the deal). It’s no better or worse than Lifeshine IMO, although in all honesty, the only thing useful out of all of these kits is the interior protection, the exterior paintwork protection doesn’t last very well (unless you maintain it - and if you are able to maintain it, then you can readily apply it yourself and save a few hundred quid (as the kits are only about £35 - so work out for yourself what the dealer is charging!).
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Impala

Post by Impala » Sun May 26, 2019 8:39 am

greyroc wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:39 am
Hi Impala,

Looking again at your pictures, I can see a nice shine from the bodywork..

I seem to remember in a previous post that you mentioned that you had opted for the VW Body care package, so assuming this was applied ?

Do you happen to know what they used, as noticing as most dealers use Lifeshine but I am now told that mine uses Diamondbrite ?

The finish looks really good, are you happy with it and would you say that it has been dealer applied to a reasonable standard ?

The jury is still out on ourT-Cross, body care package or not..

Stunning looking car, really hope our T-Cross appeals as much or else we will be gutted !!
It was the Autoglym LifeShine and came with an official Autoglym completed guarantee form and the bag of aftersales cleaning & care products. I know you can buy these on eBay etc. and do the job yourself, and although I used to polish my cars regularly, I'm no longer physically fit enough to do such a job.

I honestly haven't examined the car in minute detail, but there is nothing glaring and I'm very happy with the result. Many would probably say it isn't worth the money, but considering the cost of the car and the price of factory or dealer options it seems worth spending that if it even only modestly protects your investment. I paid £299, which is less than half it would have cost me to get it done by a professional detailer, and it was more convenient.

So far, I have no regrets.

I hope your T-Cross will be arriving soon, and I'm sure you will enjoy it every bit as much as a T-Roc.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

FamilyMan

Post by FamilyMan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Impala wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 pm
Some said it would never happen and I should give up. Well I got a TXT from my dealer today which finished me off completely ...
I love the look of the R-Line, inside and out.
5 weeks on from delivery, hopefully you have now had a chance to drive it. Are you still happy with your choice of the 1.5 DSG R-Line? Would you change anything?
1.5 TSI EVO R Line DSG Deep Black Pearl
Driver assistance pack, rear view camera, electric tailgate, keyless entry, lumbar support

Ordered 21/06/2019
Stage 2 16/07/2019
Stage 3 30/07/2019 Build week 36 MY20
Expected delivery date 31/10/2019

Impala

Post by Impala » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:11 pm

FamilyMan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:10 pm
Impala wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:00 pm
Some said it would never happen and I should give up. Well I got a TXT from my dealer today which finished me off completely ...
I love the look of the R-Line, inside and out.
5 weeks on from delivery, hopefully you have now had a chance to drive it. Are you still happy with your choice of the 1.5 DSG R-Line? Would you change anything?
I'm still very happy with my R-Line, although I'm still adjusting to the different driving position but it is so much easier getting in and out than it was on my Golf.

Yes there are one or two little things I'd like to change, or rather I would like VW to improve, such as the Sat Nav map data seems to have gone backwards in terms of accuracy, and the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Car-Net and VW Connect are a shambles with settings and functions scattered/duplicated and the manuals are diabolical.

I think most cars will be the same. After driving a hire car for a couple of weeks you realise just how much you take for granted when it's no longer there :D
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D