Phone data and getting rid of

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
brid

Phone data and getting rid of

Post by brid » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Early days - but, on sifting through a few sections of the info centre I discovered that when the salesman was showing how to pair a phone via bluetooth he inadvertently downloaded some of his phone numbers as, at the time, he was also logged in,
Anyway, however this has occurred in the depths of this infernal technology these numbers have become imbedded in my data on the info centre only.
In an effort to find a way to delete one single phonebook/contact/(whatever the system wants to call it) at a time, I have been slowly and painfully scouring the "MANUAL" in search of a method - all to no avail.
You can edit a phone record but it doesn't get rid of the data. You could maybe delete all records and re-install - fine - may have to go there but - surly there must be a way to cut/delete/erase one single phone record from a phone contact list - any ideas :?
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019

Hawkeye

Re: Phone data and getting rid of

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 pm

Not sure if this works - but he must have paired his phone with your Infotainment - thus if you remove his phone would that also remove his data?

May be worth checking through all your Bluetooth connections - these only show when your phone is connected to the car (possibly you may need the engine running)
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

brid

Re: Phone data and getting rid of

Post by brid » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 pm
Not sure if this works - but he must have paired his phone with your Infotainment - thus if you remove his phone would that also remove his data?

May be worth checking through all your Bluetooth connections - these only show when your phone is connected to the car (possibly you may need the engine running)
Thanks for the reply. He used his phone to set up car-net with a hotspot and then proceeded to pair his phone via bluetooth.
All this was to check, in Spanish, that it was working as it was easier for him as he did not speak English.
I then logged into car-net and after paired my phone which auto downloaded the contacts. He then erased his phone from bluetooth and then the car-net system. Somehow something became conjoined and I have not found a way to erase directly from the contacts in the info centre. It was not until I got home that I changed the language.
Must mean that it has to be done from the phone after doing the editing on that. eh vez. Good old tech :D
Sport 2.0 TDI 150 CV DSG7 Gris Urano, Grange Hill R18 Silver, Sports Pack, Safety Pack, Rebel Pack, Discover Media, Keyless, Panoramic Roof.
Collected 12-06 2019