One month in.

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Manxman

One month in.

Post by Manxman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Thought I’d give a quick, & hopefully brief roundup on how my first month of T-Roc ownership has gone & with nigh on 1000 miles on the clock.

What I love:- smoothness, gadgets, looks (really does turn heads) reversing camera, talking text messages!

Anything broke? Well, I’ve had 2 ‘front sensor unavailable’ (Or something similar) messages, cleared both times after a couple of minutes, both times was heavy rain. The near side mirrors has failed to reset after dipping for reversing a couple of times & finally the ‘mode’ button I noticed this morning was sticking in a bit.

Anything I don’t like? Still haven’t worked out if you can turn off the radio whilst leaving info screen on?? But main thing I dislike, and I know it’s not unique in modern cars - why, oh why is there no green ‘dipped beam on’ light on the dash?? That really bugs me & I just can’t bring myself to trust the auto lights in, for example, fog.

Mpg is about the same as my old Alfa (1.4) Giulietta at 38.5 ish.

Mooing rear brakes - no
Kangaroo - no, but you can almost, extremely faintly, feel the car wanting to when cold very occasionally. It just wouldn’t have registered at all had I not been super sensitive to watching for the phenomenon every time I get in it because of this forum.

Well, that’s about it. Car is back with my dealer tomorrow morning for it’s one month check up. I’ll mention the items I’ve listed above and let you all know what they say.

Overall verdict - one of the best cars I’ve owned, love it.
1.5TSI EVO DSG R Line flash red, black roof
Ordered 21/02/19
Stage 2 07/03/19
Stage 3 30/03/19
Stage 5 17/04/19
Stage 6 11/05/19
Stage 7 16/05/19
Collected 17/05/19 :D

kvpaul

Re: One month in.

Post by kvpaul » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi,
I got delivered a Golf 1.5 Match Petrol DSG on last Friday. On the first day I got a warning, Error: vehicle power system. Please visit workshop. So the car was in the VW dealer after 3 days of delivery. They told battery was not having enough charge, charged overnight and told fault was fixed. After driving 2 miles from the workshop, error popped up again. Re-visited and was told they forgot to reset the fault. Today morning, the same error popped up and it is going back to workshop next Tuesday. So with in a week, my car was in the workshop twice.

Don't know whether they can fix it, otherwise I need to reject.

IMG_20190614_220342.jpg

Error: Vehicle power system

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:21 pm

Noticed that with the radio, you have to turn the volume down, I suppose you could hit media or something else but not ideal.
I've never looked into it myself, could be something there? 👌

Someone will be a long to tell us shortly :lol:
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Impala

Post by Impala » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Great stuff Manxman.

Pity about the minor niggles, but you could go through a lot of makes and cars before finding one that is 100% perfect. Although I've been criticising the lack of displaying the time on the main instrument cluster except after switching the engine off and the vanishing the Sat Nav speed limit display, on the whole I love the car and have no regrets whatsoever. Like you, I have no Roos and no Moos after three and a half weeks, but only 400 miles.

Perhaps I can help with a couple of the points you raised;

Radio - Sadly, I don't think there is any way to switch off the radio or media while having the Sat Nav on. This was the same on my Golf, so I'm used to it by now. The best/only ways I've found are either turn the volume fully down (there is no dedicated Mute function that I can find) or select Media and Pause/Stop playback then switch to the Sat Nav screen.

Dipped lights - I tend to drive with the light switch in the Off position and move it to Auto when I want/need the lights. However, when the switch is in the Auto postion, the symbol in the switch will be lit Orange if the lights are off and will change to Green when the lights come on automatically. I know that is not in the main instrument display, but it is better than nothing once you are aware of it. That said, the manual advises not to rely on auto lights in fog and says to turn the light switch to the dipped beam position instead. I guess that would apply to any car with auto lights.

Apologies if you already know about the above.

There you go vernerbongo2 ... :lol:
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Kietje

Post by Kietje » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:43 pm

You can’t trust the ‘auto’ lights for fog, because the ‘auto' function can’t see there is fog.
1.5 TSi Sport (SEL) 7DSG
Silver white & Black roof
LED Headlights, Rear camera
Active Info Display

Lymmbo

Post by Lymmbo » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:32 am

I was told that the only time you can switch the fog lights on is when the head lights are set manually as they won’t work when set to auto.

Levy

Post by Levy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:24 pm

If you're not sure wheter the dipped beam is on in auto mode just have a look at the light switch. If the side light symbol is green then the dipped beam is 100% on.

IMG_20190615_195105.jpg

Auto glowing and side light glowing = dipped beam (main light) is on.
T-Roc 1.5, 150 PS, manual
Pure White
Sport (a.k.a. SEL) with Sports pack and Park Pilot

Manxman

Post by Manxman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:30 pm

Levy wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:24 pm
If you're not sure wheter the dipped beam is on in auto mode just have a look at the light switch. If the side light symbol is green then the dipped beam is 100% on.
IMG_20190615_195105.jpg
Auto glowing and side light glowing = dipped beam (main light) is on.
Thank you to Levy & Impala. I had no idea, but obvious once you know, and makes me happy, whether the light is there, or on the dash at least I’ll know in future.
1.5TSI EVO DSG R Line flash red, black roof
Ordered 21/02/19
Stage 2 07/03/19
Stage 3 30/03/19
Stage 5 17/04/19
Stage 6 11/05/19
Stage 7 16/05/19
Collected 17/05/19 :D

Vwvwvwvw99

Post by Vwvwvwvw99 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 am

kvpaul wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:16 pm
Hi,
I got delivered a Golf 1.5 Match Petrol DSG on last Friday. On the first day I got a warning, Error: vehicle power system. Please visit workshop. So the car was in the VW dealer after 3 days of delivery. They told battery was not having enough charge, charged overnight and told fault was fixed. After driving 2 miles from the workshop, error popped up again. Re-visited and was told they forgot to reset the fault. Today morning, the same error popped up and it is going back to workshop next Tuesday. So with in a week, my car was in the workshop twice.

Don't know whether they can fix it, otherwise I need to reject.

IMG_20190614_220342.jpg
Hi did you get this sorted. Mine doing the same.

kvpaul

Post by kvpaul » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:50 pm

@Vwvwvwvw99 - not yet.
The car went 3 times to the workshop within 3 weeks. They told that VW engineer told 3 fixes, first one and still the same error. Now they are trying 2 and 3.
I am thinking it is related to eco coasting as I am getting the error while taking off the gas while driving.

Driving the courtesy car now,