Convince me to lease a T-Roc

New to the Volkswagen T-Roc Forums? Introduce yourself here
KittyHowells

Convince me to lease a T-Roc

Post by KittyHowells » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:13 am

Hi there, the reason I've joined this forum is because I am soon going to be choosing my next lease car. I was very pleased with the Passat I leased years ago 2005-2007 but I am favouring slightly raised and more compact SUV type cars. Over the past 10 years I have gone for Japanese and Korean makes but am very attracted to the T-roc and the leading prices at the moment. Its a little smaller than I'm used so I'd like to hear whether owners feel it's spacious enough for them including boot space. My husband is a large man, tall and wide :D. Do you think it would be high enough?? Also should I go for the petrol 1.0 engine or the diesel 1.6?? Is the 1.0 punchy enough getting up hills or does it feel sluggish?? How does it fare on motorways as I do a fair bit of motorway driving!! Any thoughts would be appreciated as I need to be reassured a T-roc is going to be the right choice for me x

T Roc Chick

Re: Convince me to lease a T-Roc

Post by T Roc Chick » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:28 am

I think maybe you should go for a test drive. Take hubby with you. Try to test the 1.0 and the 1.6, check out the boot etc.
I found the 1.0 test drive to be sufficient for my needs, but we all have different requirements.
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
Active info
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19

twist

Post by twist » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:05 pm

Space inside is very good. It feels roomier than a Golf (to me anyway).

As T-Roc-Chick says, best to just go get a test drive to see what you think.
1.5 DSG SEL in Indium Grey
Park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar supports, “chilly bum” pack
Ordered: 19/03/19
Built: 10/06/19
Collected 01/07/19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

The 1.0 has a silky smooth but 3-cylinder engine; fine in the City, less so on the motorway imho. The 1.6 diesel is a totally different car to drive than the petrol versions and imho it feels clunky (we've been assured that the 2.0 is a different animal).

The big fella should fit ok :)

There are, however, many facets to individual choice so as others have said, test driving is the best way to decide. The T-Roc is in my view, the best designed SUV on the market; it just needs its power delivery refined.

CB2105

Post by CB2105 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi
My last 3 VW’s have all been 2 ltr diesels and were great. I need diesel for my commute. Chose a 1.6 ltr T roc due to the cost. I’m extremely pleased with mine and would happily buy again. It’s good on motorways and in town. I often take my father out in the car who is a large man (6ft 2” and 19 stone) He easily fits in the front and comments about how comfy it is. Obviously we all have different requirements but I’m more than happy with mine. Hope that helps.
T roc 1.6 R line white

Clubchamp98

Post by Clubchamp98 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:16 pm

The 1.0 is ok when the car is empty but put a bit of weight in it and you do feel it’s underpowered .
Not tried the 1.6 diesel
The 2.0 diesel is excellent and if motorway miles is high I would go for this.
I am 6’2” and 17st and the room is fine .
It’s a nice car but has some teething problems as mentioned on here but not many complaints about the 2.0 diesel.

Panoptes

Post by Panoptes » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:22 am

If you want to lease a factory build I wouldn't bother... I'll be waiting a year at least for mine, the way things are going. I actually don't care if I get it or not now - the wait's killed any enthusiasm I had for the T-Roc.
1.0 TSI SE • Indium Grey • Fogs with cornering • Roof Rails removed
• Ordered - 9th May 2019
• Stage 1 - 27 June 2019
• Stage 2 - 1st July 2019
.... *tumbleweeds*

davidf27

Post by davidf27 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:03 am

KittyHowells wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:13 am
Hi there, the reason I've joined this forum is because I am soon going to be choosing my next lease car. I was very pleased with the Passat I leased years ago 2005-2007 but I am favouring slightly raised and more compact SUV type cars. Over the past 10 years I have gone for Japanese and Korean makes but am very attracted to the T-roc and the leading prices at the moment. Its a little smaller than I'm used so I'd like to hear whether owners feel it's spacious enough for them including boot space. My husband is a large man, tall and wide :D. Do you think it would be high enough?? Also should I go for the petrol 1.0 engine or the diesel 1.6?? Is the 1.0 punchy enough getting up hills or does it feel sluggish?? How does it fare on motorways as I do a fair bit of motorway driving!! Any thoughts would be appreciated as I need to be reassured a T-roc is going to be the right choice for me x
I went for a lease through NHS fleet solutions and it was the best thing I've ever done.
Yes, i had to wait 6 months or so from order to delivery which is pretty standard, but couldnt fault the car at a very affordable price. The sitting position is very nice, im 6ft4 headroom is great and theres still space for a normal sized human behind me (just about). I have a 1.0 and the power is more than sufficient but the fuel economy can go bad if you like to put your foot down occasionally. But otherwise on my 10 mile stroll to work through 30/40mph roads the whole way i can easily get 50+ mpg. Motorways i'd say if your happy to sit at 60mph then you'll typically get 40-50mpg based on my experience. In regards to going up hills it doesnt feel slugging at all, you may have to work the gears more i.e 2nd gear for twisty slow hills, but definitely not sluggish.
I have the SEL model and it has everything I wanted personally and I find it a great car (and would definitely add the rear view camera IMO)
1.0 TSI SEL - Pearl Black - Keyless entry - Rear View Camera - Ordered 19/11/18 - Delivered 15th May 2019 and love it, faultless drive!