DashCam Wiring - Vantrue N2 Pro Dual

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
TRoc2019

DashCam Wiring - Vantrue N2 Pro Dual

Post by TRoc2019 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 am

Hello to all.
I am new owner of T-Roc 1.6 TSI R-Line from Slovenia.
As I am retired already, I was looking for new car to suite me best.

Here I have major issue with violation cars on the parking. So i decided to mount a dash cam - parking mode with a hard wire kit.
Only one post here is talking about fuses to use, on the web there is nothing about this.

Can someone help me to choose the correct fuse (power must be always ON, no delay OFF). I have found one fuse related to ALARM - F4 (7,5A/MINI).
I have already made a call to my dealer - support and they told me that I can find and use constant power source just under steering wheel - the line is powering central control unit (a lot of relays on the board) - and that this unit is accessible without removing anything.
But I could not find it. This way I could bypass central control unit and avoid any current drain sense.
I hope I was clear as my English is so-so (sorry).
If anyone can help me - thanks in advance and WELCOME to SLOVENIA !

Barnaclebob

Re: DashCam Wiring - Vantrue N2 Pro Dual

Post by Barnaclebob » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 am

Welcome Troc2019.
Your dealer states that the you can find constant power source “just under the steering wheel”. Unfortunately, as you drive on the right-hand side of the road in Slovenia your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car - instead of the right side of the car as it is here in the UK where we drive on the left....
Hopefully somebody will be able to steer you in the right direction regarding access to your fuses. However there is a thread on this forum on the subject of fitting dash cams and respective fuses to use. Best of luck.
T-Roc, SEL, 1.5 TSI Eco, DSG, Indium Grey Metallic,
Winter Pack, Electric Tailgate.
Ordered 04-Mar-2019.
Bought 20-Mar-2019.

TRoc2019

Post by TRoc2019 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 am

Thanks,
I am aware of that. My steering wheel is on the left side and we are driving on the right-hand side.
What I am interested in is where is central control unit (or central computer located). I have to find power IN wires for it. I assume that central control unit must be the same for all T-Roc cars except functionality that depends on the installed modules.
Am I right?

TRoc2019

Post by TRoc2019 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:45 am

By the way, I am very happy with all modules in my car except Front Assistant. I have not figure it out yet how and when it works.
I saw a thread on this forum about front assist and couldn't agree with all more.
I read the instructions and warnings on how to use it. Official tests also show that it begins to brake at a very short distance from the obstacle. This is the only thing I have never experienced.
And yes, I have a friend who works at MTL Car Garage service. In an hour, he showed me in practice (on the road) all the functions and some of which they did not tell me even when picking up the vehicle.
The car is one month old and I am still learning how-to.

Seal

Post by Seal » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:11 pm

TRoc2019 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 am
Hello to all.

Here I have major issue with violation cars on the parking. So i decided to mount a dash cam - parking mode with a hard wire kit.
Only one post here is talking about fuses to use, on the web there is nothing about this.

Can someone help me to choose the correct fuse (power must be always ON, no delay OFF). I have found one fuse related to ALARM - F4 (7,5A/MINI).
I have already made a call to my dealer - support and they told me that I can find and use constant power source just under steering wheel - the line is powering central control unit (a lot of relays on the board) - and that this unit is accessible without removing anything.
But I could not find it. This way I could bypass central control unit and avoid any current drain sense.
maybe you want to say 1.5 tsi our 1.6 tdi
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps
Yellow Turmeric, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
19'' wheels "Suzuka"

TRoc2019

Post by TRoc2019 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 am

Seal wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:11 pm
TRoc2019 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 am
Hello to all.

maybe you want to say 1.5 tsi our 1.6 tdi
Sorry 1.5 TSI.