Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Tigermad

Re: Car key battery going already?

Post by Tigermad » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:33 pm

Swsgm30 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:30 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:16 am
@Tigermad I don't have keyless so can't comment, but looking at the manual, it appears you can temporarily disable keyless access, and I wonder if (accidentally) you may have done this. Here's what the manual says for disable / re-enable

Temporarily deactivating Keyless Access
Keyless Access can be deactivated temporarily as described below so that the vehicle cannot be unlocked and started due to misuse by unauthorised third parties.
Lock the vehicle with the button in the vehicle key.
In addition, touch the sensor on the outside of the door handle ⇒ Fig. 53Ⓑ once within five seconds. Do not reach into the door handle.
Keyless Access is temporarily deactivated.

Check deactivation by waiting for at least ten seconds and then pull the door handle again. It should not be possible to open the door

When the vehicle is next unlocked, it can be unlocked only using the vehicle key. The Keyless Access locking and starting system is reactivated the next time the vehicle is unlocked.

So if I read between the lines, it looks like if you try to unlock the car using the vehicle key it might well re-enable keyless access.

If you didn't accidently dis-able it, I guess it;s always possible that some lowlife may have tried to clone your keyless access (and failed) - lot of it about these days - which might have caused the system to dis-able.

Hope that helps
I've got the Keyless System and can confirm that the disabling sequence as quoted in the Manual does exactly what it says on the tin
(I found out about this function days after having bought a Faraday Cage Bag to keep my keyfobs in :!: )
We only use this method of locking as an 'Overnight - Mode' as it's quite unlikely that our keys would be copied/read while we are away from the house (one guy with a code reader and another guy with a laptop standing near the car waiting for it to pop open :?: :?: ). However, I can also confirm that, when we next unlock the car (using the Fob), the key IS recognised and the appropriate Driver Profile is available. :) :)
So I'm afraid you've got a problem ... don't know how to 're-register the Key, best get down to the Dealer
Thanks. It’s working fine now so must be another VW glitch.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 pm

I have had a low key battery warning today.Which is a funny coincidence
1.5 TSI EVO SE Energetic Orange.Black roof and roof rails.Black mirrors.Park assist.Lane assist.

AV82

Post by AV82 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Regarding the key fob battery. I have not got a keyless system but a warning to replace the battery came on the driver display last week. Not sure if the same warning is applicable to keyless cars. Replaced very easily after 16 months of use.
1.5TSI 150ps petrol EVO R-Line 7spd DSG White Silver Black Roof 2018 R-Line signature trim.