Thoughts after 10000 miles

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
BillDurham

Thoughts after 10000 miles

Post by BillDurham » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 am

T-Roc 1.5 SE DSG Indium Grey

Likes : Style, size, manouevrability, acceleration, boot capacity, electric tail-gate :D , heated seats, parking sensors.

Dislikes: Fuel consumption (average 36.5 compared to previous 42.5 with Golf SV 1.4 DSG), dirt accumulation on door sills, headlights poor (not LED), tendency to wheel spin (fitting all-weather tyres next), park assist inconsistent therefore not used.

Problems encountered: wiper stalk had to be replaced after wipers developed a will of their own, rear floor heating vents (see previous post), switching wheels front to rear triggered low pressure warning, 1litre engine oil needed at 8000miles.

twist

Re: Thoughts after 10000 miles

Post by twist » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:38 am

BillDurham wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:53 am

Likes : Style, size, manouevrability, acceleration, boot capacity, electric tail-gate :D , heated seats, parking sensors.

Dislikes: Fuel consumption (average 36.5 compared to previous 42.5 with Golf SV 1.4 DSG), dirt accumulation on door sills, headlights poor (not LED), tendency to wheel spin (fitting all-weather tyres next), park assist inconsistent therefore not used.

Problems encountered: wiper stalk had to be replaced after wipers developed a will of their own, rear floor heating vents (see previous post), switching wheels front to rear triggered low pressure warning, 1litre engine oil needed at 8000miles.
Interesting that you found Park Assist inconsistent. I wonder if you maybe have 1 or more dodgy sensors as I used it all the time and thought it was fantastic! Can be a little slow and you need to get used to the delay in identifying a spot but once it’s found one, I’ve found it’s flawless. I think it’s faster at finding parallel spots but it’s still great for bays.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19
Currently: with the factory

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:52 am

BillDurham wrote:

headlights poor (not LED)

switching wheels front to rear triggered low pressure warning
I've posted in the past that my LED'S light is great but the dipped beam range is very poor. So LED'S may not be much better than yours?

Switching your wheels front to back, you would have to adjust your tyre pressure anyway and possibly reset on the infotainment screen.
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Clubchamp98

Post by Clubchamp98 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:13 pm

BillDurham wrote:

My 1.5 DSG does wheelspin a lot when the roads are wet but it’s fine in dry weather.
It’s to be expected with FWD and quite a big car.
My biggest problem was emergency braking coming out of my drive way.
Only happened now and again and I narrowed it down to the wind.
It was blowing a small bush by the gatepost and sensor was picking up the movement.
Removed the bush ( wife not happy) and no more braking up to now.
At least I know it works!

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:06 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:52 am
BillDurham wrote:

I've posted in the past that my LED'S light is great but the dipped beam range is very poor. So LED'S may not be much better than yours?

Switching your wheels front to back, you would have to adjust your tyre pressure anyway and possibly reset on the infotainment screen.
Have you checked or tried adjusting the range in the Settings menus ?
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Clubchamp98 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:13 pm
BillDurham wrote:

My 1.5 DSG does wheelspin a lot when the roads are wet but it’s fine in dry weather.
It’s to be expected with FWD and quite a big car.
My biggest problem was emergency braking coming out of my drive way.
Only happened now and again and I narrowed it down to the wind.
It was blowing a small bush by the gatepost and sensor was picking up the movement.
Removed the bush ( wife not happy) and no more braking up to now.
At least I know it works!
My car sometimes applies the brakes when I'm coming home in enter my driveway. It is quite firm and noticeable.

Like you, we have various shrubs along the edge of the driveway which also trigger the side sensors sometimes when leaving, usually when they are wet but I hadn't considered sensitivity to movement.
Ordered 22/06/18

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Impala wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:06 pm
vernerbongo2 wrote:
BillDurham wrote:

I've never seen adjustments in the menu!

I've always believed the headlight system being self levelling means I can't do anything about it other than taking it to a mechanic to manually adjust the passenger side headlight slightly higher.

Unless you know something I don't :P
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

claireb

Post by claireb » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 pm

I’m 13,000 miles in and have ordered number 2 as I just can’t get on with the 1.5. The engine judders at 24mph when cold and they can’t work out what it is. Also, in heavy rain the front sensors go into meltdown which is apparently common.

Love the driving position, heated seats and digital dash. Only thing I’d change would be to add a cover in front of the gear stick where the usbs are so could hide phone etc - miss that from the Golf.

Roll on new T-Roc with better engine!
T-ROC R-Line 1.5, white with black roof, park assist, rear camera, beats, DCC, ordered 03/08, build week 01/10, collected Nov 2018 :D

T-Roc R ordered late Dec 19, Lapiz Blue/Black, Beats, rear camera, expected April 2020

Impala

Post by Impala » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:47 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:22 pm
Impala wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:06 pm
vernerbongo2 wrote:

I've never seen adjustments in the menu!

I've always believed the headlight system being self levelling means I can't do anything about it other than taking it to a mechanic to manually adjust the passenger side headlight slightly higher.

Unless you know something I don't :P
Apologies ... you are correct.

I remembered seeing something in the manual but didn't read the details or check my car ...

Headlight range control.png

I checked my car tonight and it doesn't have this setting and looking at the manual again, it seems this does not apply to cars with 'dynamic headlight range control'. I believe this means cars with LED headlights, like mine.

For LED headlights, the range control needs to be checked/adjusted by a workshop using special equipment.
Ordered 22/06/18