Active Info display

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Mackemsteve

Re: Active Info display

Post by Mackemsteve » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:11 pm

I'm an android fan boy, so can't speak for carplay, but with Android it won't work if the phone is locked, I have to plug it in, then unlock it. I find that annoying, but I guess it's security as anyone who found my phone could just plug it into Android Auto and get access to things.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.

permuto

Post by permuto » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:01 am

Mackemsteve wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm
You can also alter the style of the layout via an option in the central infotainment screen. 3 different styles available.
Hi. Could you tell me exactly where is the option for layout change? I've been searching for it everywhere and can't find it. Is it possible that the option is only available only on some markets? Mine is not from British

Levy

Post by Levy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:48 pm

On the main infotainment screen choose CAR menu. In the car menu you have a small touch button in the lower left corner of the screen. When you touch it you can choose which of the options you want to be displayed in the CAR menu. You choose Active Info Display and then you will see options for layout of the active info. But you can't really change the styles. You can change the information that is displayed on the Info Display. And as mentioned above, you can change the digital or analog layout with the center button of the right side of the steering wheel.
T-Roc 1.5, 150 PS, manual
Pure White
Sport (a.k.a. SEL) with Sports pack and Park Pilot

Kietje

Post by Kietje » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:30 pm

CarPlay works only if ‘Siri’ is ‘on’. Is Siri on?
1.5 TSi Sport (SEL) 7DSG
Silver white & Black roof
LED Headlights, Rear camera
Active Info Display

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:30 pm

I don't find AID distracting, quite the opposite. All the info I want is right there in front of me, where I want it.
As for voice control, I use android auto and voice control for that comes "as standard", you can ask for music tracks, destinations, make phone calls and dictate texts. It's great.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”