Active Info display

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
braveheart74

Active Info display

Post by braveheart74 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:38 am

I have had my T-roc now for 2 weeks now so here are a few thoughts on the active info display.
It looks really great, the graphics are clear and it responds quickly to inputs.
It’s taking me some time for me to become familiar with all the options available on this and the main central screen, and l don’t even use the Bluetooth or Car net
I’m working on the voice control and inputting destinations as well as requesting tracks, artists on the media (MP3} and doing this sometimes sitting in the car on the driveway. The neighbors must think I’m nuts.
I’m sure all you younger guys and girls out there will pick it up quicker than an oldie like me, I’m 75 but I’m really enjoying the car and the amazing technology.
VW T-Roc 1.5 Sel with Sports Pack,pure white, black roof.

Superhero

Re: Active Info display

Post by Superhero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Hehe I will let you know what I find! Did you opt for voice recognition as an extra or is this already included with the active info? I am a bit nervous about it. I wanted it, it might be a gimmick but I thought it was cool, but yesterday when TOH went to order a polo the saleguy actually "slated" the AID because he said it was really distracting. Good for him to be honest but I was just standing there thinking, "Great, I actually ordered that..." What do you think of it?

braveheart74

Post by braveheart74 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 am

The voice recognition is included and I am working hard on that for my Scottish accent to be recognised when naming artists and tracks on the media or streets and cities on the nav, but it’s getting better

Superhero

Post by Superhero » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 am

braveheart74 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 am
The voice recognition is included and I am working hard on that for my Scottish accent to be recognised when naming artists and tracks on the media or streets and cities on the nav, but it’s getting better
I wonder what that "voice recognition" is then that I could have added as an extra. Or is it because you may have a higher spec T-Roc? (I have the design apparently) - Would be amazing if it worked though especially for music and also the satnav sometimes.

So you hook your phone up to it via the cable to play your music? Then basically go any tell the car what artist? Do you have android or iphone? On my android I use the music app "shuttle" I assume I would have to move all my music to the standard android music app for this to work?

braveheart74

Post by braveheart74 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am

There is a button on the main screen which brings up options for voice commands, nav, media, phone. Tap the one you want then give the command. Media is radio and in my case a MP3 player plugged into the usb socket. You can ask for a radio station or an artist, track or album.
This is standard on Sel spec only I believe.

thinwhiteduke

Post by thinwhiteduke » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:15 pm

Picked mine up today, and can’t for the life of me work out how to switch from Digital to Dials mode!! Hope it’s not related to needing the Navigation Pack added - would be furious if that’s the case.
1.0 TSi SE - Atlantic Blue. Active Display, Heated Seats, Rear Parking Camera and Park Assist.

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Just keep pressing the central button on the right wheel cluster (UK model)
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

thinwhiteduke

Post by thinwhiteduke » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Mackemsteve wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:32 pm
Just keep pressing the central button on the right wheel cluster (UK model)
Thank you, thank you!! Absolutely no clue otherwise - and nothing in the manual either.
1.0 TSi SE - Atlantic Blue. Active Display, Heated Seats, Rear Parking Camera and Park Assist.

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm

You can also alter the style of the layout via an option in the central infotainment screen. 3 different styles available.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

thinwhiteduke

Post by thinwhiteduke » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm

Mackemsteve wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm
You can also alter the style of the layout via an option in the central infotainment screen. 3 different styles available.
Yeah that was the only place I could find for settings earlier so that makes much more sense now.

It would be good to have more control - but that’s only a minor irritation.

CarPlay not working at all is the major problem for me now. Infotainment system says phone is disconnected when it’s not at all - and IPhone is showing as connected via USB.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”