Software update 24ET

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Manxman

Software update 24ET

Post by Manxman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 pm

My car was in for a couple of minor warranty jobs today. Whilst there the dealer carried out a software update to the Engine Control Module (I believe) which on the record is coded as 24ET. Anyone know exactly what that entails?

Now it could be the placebo effect, but I would say that on my journey home it did feel a little more more refined & the power pick up a bit smoother. I had no complaints about how it drove before by the way.
1.5TSI EVO DSG R Line flash red, black roof
Ordered 21/02/19
Stage 2 07/03/19
Stage 3 30/03/19
Stage 5 17/04/19
Stage 6 11/05/19
Stage 7 16/05/19
Collected 17/05/19 :D

tiger tony

Re: Software update 24ET

Post by tiger tony » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Manxman wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 pm
My car was in for a couple of minor warranty jobs today. Whilst there the dealer carried out a software update to the Engine Control Module (I believe) which on the record is coded as 24ET. Anyone know exactly what that entails?

Now it could be the placebo effect, but I would say that on my journey home it did feel a little more more refined & the power pick up a bit smoother. I had no complaints about how it drove before by the way.
Mines got the same outstanding campaign on it, but will wait till first service in April until I surrender it for update.

This is the first page of the document describing the details of the 24ET technical bulletin :-

T-Roc 1.5 dsg SEL Silver-White, Black roof. Driver assistance, Rear camera, Keyless, Lumbar, Winter Pack, Towbar, Dash cams, Twin horns and no roo !
Ordered - Sept 18
Collected - 29 Apr 19

twist

Post by twist » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

tiger tony wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:09 pm
Manxman wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 pm

Mines got the same outstanding campaign on it, but will wait till first service in April until I surrender it for update.

This is the first page of the document describing the details of the 24ET technical bulletin :-

Do you even have delayed/poor acceleration? I’d be concerned to let them update anything if my car was fine, given their track record for making things worse with updates!
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19
Currently: confirmed build week 9

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:21 pm

twist wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

Do you even have delayed/poor acceleration? I’d be concerned to let them update anything if my car was fine, given their track record for making things worse with updates!
I have noticed no problems at all so far, my engine runs sweetly and smoothly with no delay whatsoever in accelerating, its always crisp and sharp. But like Manxman says, he feels his is now a little smoother, and this is what the update is for.
T-Roc 1.5 dsg SEL Silver-White, Black roof. Driver assistance, Rear camera, Keyless, Lumbar, Winter Pack, Towbar, Dash cams, Twin horns and no roo !
Ordered - Sept 18
Collected - 29 Apr 19

Swsgm30

Post by Swsgm30 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Anybody know how to check what software version the EMU is running?
Does this upgrade only apply to DSG gearboxes or would it also improve manual boxes?
Do they automatically upgrade while the car is at the dealership?
Will Trump get re-elected?
What if new technology renders HS2 obsolete before it's half way to Birmingham?
H-E-L-P :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yesterday I had my first Oil Service and had new Front Wiper Blades fitted (see various past threads). I also mentioned a slight 'mooing noise while reverse-braking and they fitted new rear pads ... now I'm wondering if I should have mentioned a very-very slight hesitance to accelerate that this uprade might resolve.
;)
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual 5 Door.
Pure White/Black
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March :D :D :D :D :D

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:54 pm

I have an OBDeleven diagnostic tool which I simply plug in to my vehicle and it lists all software versions installed. (mines 6090, whatever that means).

Your VW service department will be able to tell you if you have any outstanding "campaigns" on your vehicle, if you ask them nicely.

Or, if you have your own access to the service departments VW's technical site - "VW erWin", you can log on and view everything about your vehicle.

Also any updates will be automatically actioned when your vehicle is in for any work. Your service department should inform you of all work that they propose to do first though ! :shock:
Ordered - Sept 18
Collected - 29 Apr 19

Impala

Post by Impala » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:36 pm

On the whole, I don't have any concerns with my DSG and certainly no significant Kangaroo. However, occasionally at low speed and on a light throttle there is a slight jerkiness. It only happens very occasionally and it's not worth a special visit to the dealer but I will mention it when the car goes for its first service in May assuming there are no issues before then.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D