Rear Bumper Protector

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
User avatar
T Roc Chick
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Rear Bumper Protector

Post by T Roc Chick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:45 pm

Mine just arrived and I fitted it within ten minutes, just before the rain started!
I bought this one from Germany for £45 and it arrived within five days. Easy enough to fit, clean the area and then just centre it and use a wee bit of masking tape to mark where the right/left edges should be. Remove the two strips of paper on the adhesive areas and place it, making sure that the lip is tight against the car so you don't leave a gap.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bumper-Scrat ... 2749.l2649

Bumper.jpg

1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19
Stage 3: 29/11/19 BW 02 2020
Stage 5: 8/1/20
Stage 6: 24/1/20
Delivery 6/2/20

User avatar
twist
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by twist » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:40 pm

That looks very smart. Matches the dark parts of the bumper nicely!
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

User avatar
T Roc Chick
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by T Roc Chick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:58 pm

twist wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:40 pm
That looks very smart. Matches the dark parts of the bumper nicely!
I think it's fine and more importantly it will protect the paintwork when I move house at the end of the month as I will be dragging all sorts in and out of the back
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19
Stage 3: 29/11/19 BW 02 2020
Stage 5: 8/1/20
Stage 6: 24/1/20
Delivery 6/2/20

Hawkeye
Posts: 862
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:36 pm

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by Hawkeye » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:47 pm

Sorry but have to say I'm not overly keen on the black finish. On mine I have the OEM clear film over the bumper (which essentially is helicopter tape) which does exactly the same job, but leaves the colour of the bumper showing through. After a year, even though we use the boot regularly for shopping and the suchlike, you still would have to double take to see the clear film.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

User avatar
T Roc Chick
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat May 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by T Roc Chick » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:11 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:47 pm
Sorry but have to say I'm not overly keen on the black finish. On mine I have the OEM clear film over the bumper (which essentially is helicopter tape) which does exactly the same job, but leaves the colour of the bumper showing through. After a year, even though we use the boot regularly for shopping and the suchlike, you still would have to double take to see the clear film.
Yes I read your other post saying the same thing.
I like the black finish though :mrgreen:
1.0L Design Orange/Black
Sunroof
Electric tailgate
Rear view camera
Beats sound pack
Satnav
LEDs and Fogs

Ordered: 22/5/19
Stage 2: 29/5/19
Stage 3: 29/11/19 BW 02 2020
Stage 5: 8/1/20
Stage 6: 24/1/20
Delivery 6/2/20

User avatar
vernerbongo2
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:18 am

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:43 am

T Roc Chick wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:11 am
Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:47 pm
Sorry but have to say I'm not overly keen on the black finish. On mine I have the OEM clear film over the bumper (which essentially is helicopter tape) which does exactly the same job, but leaves the colour of the bumper showing through. After a year, even though we use the boot regularly for shopping and the suchlike, you still would have to double take to see the clear film.
Yes I read your other post saying the same thing.
I like the black finish though :mrgreen:
I prefer your registration if I'm honest ;)
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
September 2018 :P

User avatar
moxi
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:36 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by moxi » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:50 am

I bought clear plastic but think the black is cool 8-)
Mines an Energy Orange/Black twin
1.5 TSI 4M SEL Energetic Orange/Black

Impala
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by Impala » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:57 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:47 pm
Sorry but have to say I'm not overly keen on the black finish. On mine I have the OEM clear film over the bumper (which essentially is helicopter tape) which does exactly the same job, but leaves the colour of the bumper showing through. After a year, even though we use the boot regularly for shopping and the suchlike, you still would have to double take to see the clear film.
I can understand how the black protector might look out of place on your Silver White R-Line which doesn't have the black area around the number plate, but I think it looks smart on the Energetic Orange with the other black details.

Clear would be invisible, but silver would look dreadful, so if the aim is to add protection and a bit of extra detailing then black is a good choice.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

SPT
Posts: 303
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by SPT » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 pm

I am just careful when removing things out the boot, it anything get a boot mat with a fold out bumper protector.

I once saw on a forum where someone fitted a clear strip on their bumper and when it went yellow they peeled it of, problem was it peeled the paint off with it 😩
Was a T-Roc 2.0 Tsi R 300bhp, now rejected!

Impala
Posts: 1679
Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 3:03 pm

Re: Rear Bumper Protector

Post by Impala » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 pm

182_blue wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:45 pm
I am just careful when removing things out the boot, it anything get a boot mat with a fold out bumper protector.

I once saw on a forum where someone fitted a clear strip on their bumper and when it went yellow they peeled it of, problem was it peeled the paint off with it 😩
Should have bought a yellow car and left the protector in place :lol:
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

Post Reply