T-Roc Fog lights....replacement bulbs?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Agerbundsen

T-Roc Fog lights....replacement bulbs?

Post by Agerbundsen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:18 am

Even with all other lights on the Sport version being LED equipped, are the front fog lights still old fashioned halogen bulbs. So far they seem pretty useless with a clearly dim and yellowish light compared to everything else.

There are no specifications of the actual bulbs used in the manual, so:

Does anyone know which bulbs are used?

Are there any direct replacement bulbs with a decent light output? Maybe either Philips or Osram super halogens or a direct replacement LED?
Best Regards from Slagelse, Denmark
T-Roc Sport 190 HP 2.0 TSI DSG 4Motion, Pure White, Navigation and spare wheel, rear view camera. Original tyres replaced with Michelin Cross-climate+ 215/55 R17 98W XL

Superhero

Re: T-Roc Fog lights....replacement bulbs?

Post by Superhero » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm

That's poor, eh?! I've had Osram Nightbreakers and some Philips as headlight bulbs with good results but they don't last long. Are they easy to swap themselves in the T-Roc? I am not sure that they are "strong" enough for a fog light tho. Might be worth checking with your dealer

deftonkorn

Post by deftonkorn » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:32 pm

The bulbs are a H8 for the fog lights, I change mine with a 6000k LED and now looks a little bit nicer, still didn't use it on foggy weather.

Totally recommend to change it, not only for looks, also to improve the cornering illumination.

Levy

Post by Levy » Thu May 03, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm also annoyed with the yellowish front fog lights.

Can anyone suggest me the whitest halogen H8 bulb I can put in my T-roc?

I know that the LED bulbs are probably better but then I have to put some kind of resistor, and I'm don't have lots of electrical knowledge and besides that I don't wan't to mess with my new vehicle. And I usually don't have any fog where I live so the halogen bulbs will be enough for using as a cornering light. Thank you.

Agerbundsen

Post by Agerbundsen » Thu May 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Use either Osram or Philips. They both have a selection of H8 bulbs in different intensities and also LED's, which I THINK have the resistors built in.

Stay away from off-brand bulbs, as the filaments are not necessarily in the most accurate location in the bulb.

If anyone have tried the LED's, I would like to hear of the results, thanks.
Best Regards from Slagelse, Denmark
T-Roc Sport 190 HP 2.0 TSI DSG 4Motion, Pure White, Navigation and spare wheel, rear view camera. Original tyres replaced with Michelin Cross-climate+ 215/55 R17 98W XL

deftonkorn

Post by deftonkorn » Wed May 16, 2018 7:09 am

I use this ones:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Set-R ... 08635.html

It works with no problem and improve the cornering light, no error, and also the same color as the OEM LED lights.

Derooke

Post by Derooke » Thu May 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Is it possible to add the fog lights after? The one i orderd haves no fog lights are all . I forgot to add that option(only standard on top spec)

Levy

Post by Levy » Fri May 18, 2018 6:09 am

I found something like this but the minimum order is 20 pcs. Maybe you can find something similar..

https://m.alibaba.com/product/607306681 ... em_details

Also, I'm not shure if you can just install the fog lights or you have to cut out the holes in the bumper yourself to add the fog lights afterwards.

Derooke

Post by Derooke » Fri May 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Thx for the reply .i will look into it

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”