Bird excrement

The place to discuss everything else..
T Roo

Re: Bird excrement

Post by T Roo » Sat May 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Taking everything into account there is only one answer to this: keep the car in the garage 24/7 on a sort of permanent lockdown ;) .

I had the car on the drive today and I swear the gulls were laughing as they flew over. I can’t work out why they all look so healthy given that they’ll scavenge for anything left out for the bin collection.

Perhaps we over-fish and take the gulls food so it eats our left overs and then craps it onto our cars :mrgreen:

On reflection the air rifle was a bad idea, I’ll use an electric sander to clear the poo off in future :lol:

Rocadoodledo

Post by Rocadoodledo » Sun May 24, 2020 12:54 am

I use Gardx Bird Dropping Remover. This product is easy to use and removes even the most stuburn deposits. You simply add a couple of drops to the deposit, leave it for a couple of minutes, then gently agitate it with a soft cloth, or damp cotton wool, and wash off with water. It works well for me, and a 250ml bottle lasts for ages.
Check it out at www.gardx.co.uk. Click on gardx shop, exterior products. A 250ml bottle can be purchased for £6.95, worth every penny in my opinion. :)
T-Roc 1.0L Design, Turmeric Yellow/Black
Act Displ, Nav, Dr Modes, R-Camera, Fogs, Pk Ass.
Winter Pk, Silver Rails, Voice Activ, Lumb Sup.
Ordered 21/3/19
St2 : 26/3/19
St3 : 18/10/19
St5a&5b : 13/11/19
St6 : 03/12/19
St7 : 13/12/19
Collected 20/12/19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Sun May 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Rocadoodledo wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 12:54 am
I use Gardx Bird Dropping Remover. This product is easy to use and removes even the most stuburn deposits. You simply add a couple of drops to the deposit, leave it for a couple of minutes, then gently agitate it with a soft cloth, or damp cotton wool, and wash off with water. It works well for me, and a 250ml bottle lasts for ages.
Check it out at www.gardx.co.uk. Click on gardx shop, exterior products. A 250ml bottle can be purchased for £6.95, worth every penny in my opinion. :)

”Gardx Bird Dropping Remover helps to easily remove unsightly, unhygienic and highly corrosive bird droppings from paintwork, due to the acidic nature bird droppings can permanently damage your vehicles paintwork unless removed within a timely manner. Bird Dropping Remover will neutralize acidity and enable bird droppings to be removed quickly and easily before any lasting damage occurs to paintwork”

Thanks for that Rocadoodledoo. I used an Autoglym product initially but I’ll give this a go :) .