All Quiet

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Darren C

Re: All Quiet

Post by Darren C » Wed May 20, 2020 8:19 pm

I managed to view my car yesterday after a 5 plus week wait due to lockdown. I collect Saturday. 😊

2FB05DBA-0711-4D3B-97D4-7947FB124E42.jpeg

2020 1.5 TSI DSG R-Line, Deep Black Pearlescent
Panoramic sunroof, beats audio, park assist, high beam assist, reversing camera

claireb

Post by claireb » Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 pm

Swsgm30 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm
BarryF wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:22 pm
:D Still here, just nothing new to report :D
I guess I was the first to blink!! ..
Think I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy .. did manage a couple of miles on the Motorway - I live between 2 junctions so sneaked out under cover of darkness and did a 10 mile oval. Cleared my head a bit and the exhaust too. ;) ;)
I did an M1/M25/M40 circuit on Sunday morning - the car needed a run and I needed the headspace!!
T-ROC R-Line 1.5, white with black roof, park assist, rear camera, beats, DCC, ordered 03/08, build week 01/10, collected Nov 2018 :D

T-ROC R ordered Dec 19, Lapiz Blue/Black, Beats, rear camera, status 3 27/02, BW 13 (w/c 23/03), expected May 2020

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 pm

Darren C wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:19 pm
I managed to view my car yesterday after a 5 plus week wait due to lockdown. I collect Saturday. 😊
Very nice. It would be great if the weather holds. Good luck :)

Swsgm30

Post by Swsgm30 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:39 am

claireb wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 8:22 pm
Swsgm30 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:57 pm
BarryF wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 1:22 pm
:D Still here, just nothing new to report :D
I guess I was the first to blink!! ..
Think I'm starting to go a bit stir crazy .. did manage a couple of miles on the Motorway - I live between 2 junctions so sneaked out under cover of darkness and did a 10 mile oval. Cleared my head a bit and the exhaust too. ;) ;)
I did an M1/M25/M40 circuit on Sunday morning - the car needed a run and I needed the headspace!!
I guess it's not so bad in England now .. I'm in Wales so have to be a bit more clandestine 8-) 8-) 8-)
1.5 TSI R-Line 150PS EVO
6-speed Manual
Pure White/Black Roof
Winter Pack, Reverse Camera
F/R mudflaps, keyless entry
Delivered - 1st March 2019
:D :D :D :D :D

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:16 am

Always loved the contrasting black and chrome, looks well.
Good luck with keeping it clean :lol:
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

Darren C

Post by Darren C » Thu May 21, 2020 9:31 pm

Thanks both. Keeping it clean, no chance. Hasn’t been a week since I washed my wife’s red up! TSI and it is caked in a layer of dust. It hasn’t moved off the drive either. For the 5 minutes post clean, I’ll make sure I savour those moments and bank them for the rest of the time it is filthy. 😉
2020 1.5 TSI DSG R-Line, Deep Black Pearlescent
Panoramic sunroof, beats audio, park assist, high beam assist, reversing camera

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:53 pm

Darren C wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:31 pm
Thanks both. Keeping it clean, no chance. Hasn’t been a week since I washed my wife’s red up! TSI and it is caked in a layer of dust. It hasn’t moved off the drive either. For the 5 minutes post clean, I’ll make sure I savour those moments and bank them for the rest of the time it is filthy. 😉
Ditto :lol: ;)
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.

Impala

Post by Impala » Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 pm

My car was in for it's first (oil change) service yesterday (Friday 23 May). I asked them to check the Auto-hold and apply any relevant software updates. They said it would take 4+ hours (yes, really :o ) so I arranged a courtesy car as I didn't fancy sitting in the showroom for all that time (not sure if they would have allowed it).

Dropped my car off at 9:30 and didn't get it back till 3:30 and I had allocated times for both, so didn't see any other customers. I doubt anyone would be allowed to wander in to the showroom to view cars, even with an appointment, as all the sineage was for service dept. and a yellow brick road to follow to the service reception. A few staff about but much less than normal. Drop-off and pick-up were much quicker and simpler than usual, as all details and service report were done by phone. Might be worth keeping that after lockdown ends :D

I noticed a few 20-plate cars in the hand-over studio and parking lot, one even still had the white PPE plastic wrapping and hadn't been prepped but had plates on. I guess these were for customers who got cought out at the last minute by the lockdown. Really sucks if you were that close :twisted:

Anyway, 26 miles each way to the dealer, so I drove 104 miles in total for 2 round-trips. I'm in Scotland, but the main trunk road I used has been packed with private cars for weeks with people flouting the lockdown. Unfortunately it was a wet and stormy day, so no visit to Culzean or the beach near the dealer as we normally do, but I did take the opportunity to buy some timber and screws from the nearby B&Q and filled the tank on the way home. Hopefully the only thing I brought home, besides the car, was the wife :lol:
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

twist

Post by twist » Sat May 23, 2020 5:47 pm

Impala wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 pm
Drop-off and pick-up were much quicker and simpler than usual, as all details and service report were done by phone. Might be worth keeping that after lockdown ends :D
As someone who also has to use Arnold Clark dealerships for VW servicing/warranty due to their monopoly north of the border, I 100% agree. It’s usually a complete shambles and nobody seems to give a crap about anything other than doing the bare minimum.

I remember I took my Golf in once as it had been blowing thousands of tiny white flakes out the AC vents (covered everything in white and looked like it had snowed inside the car).

I’d been to an independent mechanic (family friend) to have a quick look and he told me he suspected it was aluminium oxide particles from the radiator or evaporator core. I relayed this to the Arnold Clark rep who booked me in but she said “I don’t know how to spell that, I’ll just write ‘monoxide’ on the job sheet”. I said “well you might as well write down ‘bacon’ then as that’s not even remotely the same thing.”

Sure enough, when I went to collect my car later the job report said “car no longer emits smell from vents.” I turned on the AC and it snowed like Christmas in New York City. Took a further 2 visits for them to actually replace the EV core.

This has been my experience with nearly every warranty job with Arnold Clark. They ordered the wrong replacement seatbelt part 3 times too. Maybe servicing will be smoother, I’ve not yet used them for that but I’m not holding my breath :lol:
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:40 pm

Impala wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 2:29 pm
My car was in for it's first (oil change) service yesterday (Friday 23 May). I asked them to check the Auto-hold and apply any relevant software updates. They said it would take 4+ hours (yes, really :o ) so I arranged a courtesy car as I didn't fancy sitting in the showroom for all that time (not sure if they would have allowed it).

Dropped my car off at 9:30 and didn't get it back till 3:30 and I had allocated times for both, so didn't see any other customers. I doubt anyone would be allowed to wander in to the showroom to view cars, even with an appointment, as all the sineage was for service dept. and a yellow brick road to follow to the service reception. A few staff about but much less than normal. Drop-off and pick-up were much quicker and simpler than usual, as all details and service report were done by phone. Might be worth keeping that after lockdown ends :D
Anything else done besides the oil/filter change?