All Quiet

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Impala

Re: All Quiet

Post by Impala » Sat May 23, 2020 7:00 pm

Just to set the record straight Twist, the dealer I have used now for a number of years is Ingram VW of Ayr. I rate them as very good to excellent and fortunately I'm about equal distance to them or Arnold Clark VW branches in Paisley or Glasgow.

Ingram previously had a Paisley branch which was taken over by Arnold Clark, who then sold that site to a property developer before moving to the Phoenix. I used the Phoenix branch for 7 years when I had 2 Lease Plan cars, but it was more for convenience for work and I wasn't too bothered but I never had any issues. That said, I had lots of problems back in the 1990s with Arnold Clark's Vauxhall branch in Port Glasgow.

At the end of the day, I think smaller dealerships provide a better and more personal service, while the bad apples in the big chains tend to move around from one branch to another so particular branches can go from good to bad, or bad to worse !

For Vernerbongo, they checked the auto-hold, as I felt it was a bit slow to release and sometimes causing wheel spin, but they said it was functioning normally. The only other work was an ECU software update, which the report describes as 'campaign 24 ET w-engine control unit - software update will improve cold running characteristics of engine'. I didn't have any kangaroo issues, but felt it probably beneficial to have any updates applied. Fingers crossed it doesn't introduce any problems which weren't there before.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey, rear view camera, park assist.
Ordered 22/06/18
Built w/c 25/03/19 :(
With dealer 13/05/19 :P
Collected 20/05/19 :D

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Impala wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:00 pm
Fingers crossed it doesn't introduce any problems which weren't there before.
Thanks for the update ;)

I've wondered about getting the engine software update myself, as said before I get the kangaroo effect every now and again and would be worried that the update could worsen it :?
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

twist

Post by twist » Sat May 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Impala wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:00 pm
Just to set the record straight Twist, the dealer I have used now for a number of years is Ingram VW of Ayr. I rate them as very good to excellent and fortunately I'm about equal distance to them or Arnold Clark VW branches in Paisley or Glasgow.
I might consider that Ingram dealership for future work actually, even if it’s a bit further afield. I think the extra petrol is probably worth it for the better experience. I’ve heard from others too that they’re generally much better than Arnold Clark. Same with Inchcape: supposedly much more professional and careful. I got my R-line from an Inchcape and to be honest I was very happy with the whole thing.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20