ianchelt wrote: ↑
Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 am
What hoops did I jump through?...
Ok here is my own personal scenario as the issue unfolded..
1. Collected car on 6th Jan.
2. Everything was fine on the day because the engine was warm (I think)
3. Next day - Early morning start - 3 deg Cent - Experience my first Roo under the bonnet. Irregular Revs at idle, then the engine hesitating as I kangarooed down the road. After about 10 minutes the engine warmed up and all was fine. However.
4. Reported this issue to my dealer the following week. They claimed they had not heard of this problem.. ... Actually at this point in January I believed them.
5. Read up about the unfolding issue on this website and others.
6. Went back to the dealer in late January and reported the fact there was an issue as it has been reported on VW forums.
7. Service guy then said he had just had a similar report from another customer and logged in on the VW(UK) issues list where he discovered it had been reported as a international issue and was with Corporate VAG to solve. (VW Report detailing the problem was issued internally on 6th Oct 2018).
8. So they logged my fault with VW at this point and said they would get back to me as soon as VW issued a fix/update.
9. Late February with no news, I registered a complaint with VW(UK) Executive office with an email to the CEO of VW UK. Received a complaint number and a contact within the VW office who would look after my case. So from late February up until this morning I have had a weekly call from my contact in VW Executive office. She has not failed to contact me once! I have to say, a very good service.
10. Weekly updates consisted of. " VW are still working on solving the issue.. what would you like to do? Reject the car or wait for a fix"? I chose the option of waiting for a fix as I love the car and couldn't bear the thought of waiting another 11 months for the car I really wanted.
11. Early this week during my routine contact with Executive Office, I was told a software fix to the ECU had now been issued and they had contacted my local dealer to get in contact with me directly to have my car booked in.
12. Car booked in yesterday for the fix and today I have been happy to report all is well. No lumps or bumps. Engine behaving how it should.
In a nutshell that's my story. Patience has paid off, but my god I needed plenty of that! Hope this helps!
1.5Tsi SE DSG White/Black - UK purchase.