1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Derooke

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Derooke » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Mine also having this issue. It's annoying . I do 25000 km a year so i know how to drive/pull off in 1st. And normally i get the hang of it after 1to2 hours.
But now Ive driven 400km and stil kangaroo

LovroK200

Post by LovroK200 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 pm

I have the same problem with my car which I bought in Croatia...it has the same engine (1.5 EVO, 150hp) as previously mentioned cars, in car dealership they told me that I just need some time to adapt but I dont think thats the case... Does anybody have some advices or informations from yours car dealerships? Even the slightest help would be helpful...

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm

This is my last post on this subject. Nobody wants to put their car in to the dealership to bottom this problem
I therefore recommend that when pulling away in 1st gear you change up to 2nd before you fully release the clutch,this bypasses the problem and takes away the worry of “have I judged it right”.
VW are laughing all the way to the bank as this is a basic and fundamental fault on their part.
Great car,major fault, 6 out of 10.

Polo

Post by Polo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:56 am

LovroK200 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 pm
I have the same problem with my car which I bought in Croatia...it has the same engine (1.5 EVO, 150hp) as previously mentioned cars, in car dealership they told me that I just need some time to adapt but I dont think thats the case... Does anybody have some advices or informations from yours car dealerships? Even the slightest help would be helpful...

Tomahawk wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm
This is my last post on this subject. Nobody wants to put their car in to the dealership to bottom this problem
I therefore recommend that when pulling away in 1st gear you change up to 2nd before you fully release the clutch,this bypasses the problem and takes away the worry of “have I judged it right”.
VW are laughing all the way to the bank as this is a basic and fundamental fault on their part.
 Great car,major fault, 6 out of 10.
That's a real shame, owners shouldn't have to just work around it if it is a genuine fault :(.

I did think about ordering a T-Roc when I saw one in the flesh but I got put off after seeing this thread. I ordered a 1.4 manual SEAT Ateca a couple of months ago but I have recently read online that the 1.5 engine is replacing the 1.4. So it looks like I will be getting a 1.5 now instead, which I am becoming more apprehensive about due to reading on here and a couple of other forums the issues owners are having with 1st gear on their manual 1.5! My lead time is about 7 months and I am getting disappointed that things are now changing and one change is to an engine that is having some issues.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”