1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Derooke

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by Derooke » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:23 pm

Mine also having this issue. It's annoying . I do 25000 km a year so i know how to drive/pull off in 1st. And normally i get the hang of it after 1to2 hours.
But now Ive driven 400km and stil kangaroo

LovroK200

Post by LovroK200 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 pm

I have the same problem with my car which I bought in Croatia...it has the same engine (1.5 EVO, 150hp) as previously mentioned cars, in car dealership they told me that I just need some time to adapt but I dont think thats the case... Does anybody have some advices or informations from yours car dealerships? Even the slightest help would be helpful...

Tomahawk

Post by Tomahawk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm

This is my last post on this subject. Nobody wants to put their car in to the dealership to bottom this problem
I therefore recommend that when pulling away in 1st gear you change up to 2nd before you fully release the clutch,this bypasses the problem and takes away the worry of “have I judged it right”.
VW are laughing all the way to the bank as this is a basic and fundamental fault on their part.
Great car,major fault, 6 out of 10.

Polo

Post by Polo » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:56 am

LovroK200 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:15 pm
I have the same problem with my car which I bought in Croatia...it has the same engine (1.5 EVO, 150hp) as previously mentioned cars, in car dealership they told me that I just need some time to adapt but I dont think thats the case... Does anybody have some advices or informations from yours car dealerships? Even the slightest help would be helpful...

Tomahawk wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:46 pm
This is my last post on this subject. Nobody wants to put their car in to the dealership to bottom this problem
I therefore recommend that when pulling away in 1st gear you change up to 2nd before you fully release the clutch,this bypasses the problem and takes away the worry of “have I judged it right”.
VW are laughing all the way to the bank as this is a basic and fundamental fault on their part.
 Great car,major fault, 6 out of 10.
That's a real shame, owners shouldn't have to just work around it if it is a genuine fault :(.

I did think about ordering a T-Roc when I saw one in the flesh but I got put off after seeing this thread. I ordered a 1.4 manual SEAT Ateca a couple of months ago but I have recently read online that the 1.5 engine is replacing the 1.4. So it looks like I will be getting a 1.5 now instead, which I am becoming more apprehensive about due to reading on here and a couple of other forums the issues owners are having with 1st gear on their manual 1.5! My lead time is about 7 months and I am getting disappointed that things are now changing and one change is to an engine that is having some issues.

nicster

Post by nicster » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 pm

I've had my T-Roc for about 6 weeks now, and have also noticed this issue.

I came from 2 consecutive Polo BlueGTs (they had the 1.4 150Ps engine), and I do not recall ever experiencing the issue.

The frustrating thing is that I can't quite narrow down the circumstances that cause the issue - it doesn't seem consistent. I don't plan to contact the dealer about it just now but I will be paying attention to see if it gets worse as the weather gets colder :?
1.5 SE | White Silver | Black Roof | Reversing camera | Electric Boot Lid

ibi

Post by ibi » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:53 pm

Visiting my dealer tomorrow to collect my space saver I will report the odd 1st gear ( Kangaroo ) behaviour
T-Roc SE 1.5 - Pure White with Black roof. Active Info display, Winter pack plus heated wheel, 17" Mayfield black wheels.

Derooke

Post by Derooke » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:12 am

I reported it and they say that they know. That's it

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 am

Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:42 am
Newtroconthebloc wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:10 am
I haven’t got mine yet but is there traction control or something similar?
If so can it be disabled to rule out it being a cause
Just a thought
Just checked spec and ESC includes traction control.
I posted this question a couple of months ago but nobody seems to have bothered to test my theory.
I’d love to test this out myself but sadly there’s no indication of my car arriving anytime soon!
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18)

JohnF

Post by JohnF » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi everyone, first post here.

My 1.5 T-Roc also has the first gear hesitation and I reported it to my local dealer. They in turn contacted VW and apparently the factory are aware there is a problem and are looking into a fix. They think it will be a software update but no date as to when it will be available. Hopefully not too far away !

I’ve tried different techniques when pulling away and also eco/sport modes but the only thing I think has made an improvement is running the car on higher octane fuel such as BP ultimate. Definitely seemed to help and worth trying even for one tank of fuel.

Twarden

Post by Twarden » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:53 am

Hi JohnF and thank you for this update. I have the same issue and will try the premium fuel whilst waiting to see if VW announce a recall.

1.5 S-el evo in silver white.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”