1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
sh1513

Re: 1.5 EVO - 1st gear kangaroo

Post by sh1513 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:34 am

Kietje wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 pm
My T-Roc has no kangaroo because I changed the responsiveness of the accelerator pedal.
There’s a delay between putting the pedal down and the reaction from the throttle with caused the hik-ups. In my car i tweaked the delay with a vcds and/or an obdeleven device and no kangaroo. It’s also usefull for other tweaks like taillights on with drl. And disable the start/stop system
Do you think you could pass this on to the VW techs? Because they don't seem to have a clue what they are doing! :oops:
Ordered - 01/06/2018
Delivery date - 19/11/2018
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI 150PS EVO Ravenna Blue
Heated steering wheel, Winter pack, 'Beats' sound system, Electric tailgate, Carpet mats

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:20 pm

I know some people say they cannot feel much difference . This can be due to the fact modern cars sense the difference . In the S3 if you put 95 Ron in the car it will work ok as it de tunes itself . In a classic car the differences are more obvious . Mine was originally designed for 5 star leaded .

Sorry going slightly off topic here .

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Interestingly... (or not). Mine doesn't Kangaroo whilst I am reversing down the road! Now there's a thought for you engineering boffins! ...

Oh! and my friendly contact in the VW UK Executive Office told me today that a software release is "imminent". Yea right!!! But we can hope!

Keep the faith folks :roll:

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Haha , did the contact also say brexit will be sorted before 22nd May .
Maybe that is the VAG game plan , wait till brexit and then refuse to help non Europeans ...

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:49 am

Musicegbdf wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:20 pm
I know some people say they cannot feel much difference . This can be due to the fact modern cars sense the difference . In the S3 if you put 95 Ron in the car it will work ok as it de tunes itself . In a classic car the differences are more obvious . Mine was originally designed for 5 star leaded .

Sorry going slightly off topic here .
Is it possible that those WITHOUT the dreaded roo are filling up with RON 95 premium unleaded and those using super unleaded RON 98/99, ARE rooing because the higher octane requires greater compression to ignite?

When pulling away and the inlet valve opens to increase capacity, is compression lost momentarily because the higher octane fuel needs more pressure to ignite and the T-Roc does not have that kind of high performance engine?

Oh, if only it is this simple ;)

Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Squeal Wheel

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Off with daughter for her test drive of 1.5 TRoc tomorrow .
I will ask about lead time a Roo and see what they say . Am sure there will be a cow poo answer !

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:06 pm

Ok daughter likes , but wants manual.
Apparently 31 week wait !!! Crazy , but maybe they will sort the Roo .
One dealer said they had heard about it , but never had one back . Another dealer said it is only on DSG cars ( as we wanted a manual ) . Yeah right in both cases .
Dealer trying to source one for us from another dealers stock .

Manxman

Post by Manxman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Musicegbdf wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:06 pm
Ok daughter likes , but wants manual.
Apparently 31 week wait !!! Crazy , but maybe they will sort the Roo .
One dealer said they had heard about it , but never had one back . Another dealer said it is only on DSG cars ( as we wanted a manual ) . Yeah right in both cases .
Dealer trying to source one for us from another dealers stock .
Don’t have any first hand experience yet Musicegbdf but the impression I had gained on this forum is that the roo almost (but not exclusively) always visits the manual transmission cars, not the DSG? I’m sure someone more experienced on the phenomenon will put us both right though!
1.5TSI EVO DSG R Line flash red, black roof
Rear view camera
lumbar support
Assistance pack plus
Pre crash preventative occupant protection
Electric tailgate.

Ordered 21/02/19
Stage 2 07/03/19
Stage 3 30/03/19
Stage 5 17/04/19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:38 pm

The roo predominantly affects the manual 1.5 tsi evo, but not all of them. The roo is less apparent in the DSG although it has been suggested the DSG might be masking it.

No-one, not even VW, knows why only some cars are affected and no-one knows why it is occurring at all. There is talk of a fix but no timescale for its release. Some T-Rocs have been tiggering for over a year. If you buy a new one, there is no assurance whether it will, or will not, pogo.

Skoda, another marque in the V.A.G. Group, are talking about an imminent fix but VW, Audi and SEAT are keeping mum.

Aside from the roo, the T-Roc is a good car and it's infuriating that its reputation is being spoiled. It's a £20-40k gamble. Good luck. ;)

Kangaroo Pack | Mooing Brakes Pack | VW Indifference Pack | Squeal Wheel

Musicegbdf

Post by Musicegbdf » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm

My point was I know from this very forum , (which has been fantastic by the way) and should not be surprised that the sales people try to play down the issue.