Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
chawken

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by chawken » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Mine was the same as most of you, but I needed my car on the original promised delivery of mid-June - ordered end of March 2018. The dealer did not advise me of any delay and I had to find out by going to see him!!
Because I need a larger car and it had to be by mid-June, I went on to carwow filled in the details and I now have not only the car I wanted (although it had a different coloured roof) but and even higher spec at a cheaper price than the original. The dealer at Vertu in Hereford was extremely helpful and full of suggestions and replied to my emails and phone calls very promptly.
I have never bought a car online before but would recommend it as there are lots of T-Rocs in the country at the moment and with a few adjustments you may not only get the car you want but at a cheaper price and, in my case, some extras I didn't think I could afford!!

nickc123

Post by nickc123 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:58 pm

Oh dear...

I've just placed an order for my new T-Roc last week, Currently have a delivery date of 10/12/18 but from the sounds of it i may be waiting a while longer. :cry: :cry:

Does anyone know if it's certain models/variants/engines etc that are causing the biggest delays. I've gone with the below.

1.5 TSI EVO SEL 5dr DSG - Ravanna Blue with black roof, blind Spot monitor, park assist and rear view camera.

Thanks,

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 pm

Yep, 1.5 DSG is the killer, especially in Ravanna Blue with black roof.
(OK, maybe not the last bit)
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Agree. I ordered a 1.5 DSG in February and there is no sign of it . Dealer tells me the delay is euro six emission issues coupled with poor supply chain for DSG gearbox don’t hold your breath !

Grafter

Post by Grafter » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:24 am

Ordered an R line in April specially for 1st sept delivery (new Reg) but been told it will be October at the earliest. Does anyone know if I have any comeback on VW for delayed delivery? It's really lost a lot of sparkle with a possible delivery at xmas or after in the bad weather.

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 am

Hi. Technically you are buying your car from an authorised dealer, not VW or VW(UK) the importer. Which means your contract to supply is with your local dealer. I’ll bet if you look at your order form there is no mention of a delivery date?
Your dealer will claim it is not within their gift to guarantee a delivery date. Which is true. They are just as frustrated as we are. It can’t be good for business. My own dealer is accepting cancellations of orders or trying to find stock models. But if you are like me and want something specific, then we just have to hang in there.

Ian

T-Roc 1.5SE (EVO) DSG
White - Black roof
Digital dash
SatNav

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:10 am

Seat was offering £250 or 2 free services to people that had ordered and been told 3 months but we're in fact massively delayed. I think this was sorted via seat UK as opposed to local dealer. Might be worth a go.
Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. B/W 39, in the UK somewhere. Collection March '19.

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:30 am

Good shout... if enough customers start lobbying VW Uk.
Cheers

Grafter

Post by Grafter » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 pm

I think you might be right about the lobbying. I was told that the delay was due to R-line parts not being available so not as a result of the new legislation but just poor planning. Surely they could anticipate the orders coming in?

I will be writing to VW UK and asking for at least a full explanation for the delay as no-one actually knows why some come through and some don't. Spoke to dealership today but just say October at the earliest. App says with the factory.
I think some free servicing at least would be in order or some extras !

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:12 pm

Agree. I shall do the same and encourage anybody in the same position to do likewise .

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”