Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
User avatar
GeoffLad
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by GeoffLad » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Grafter wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 pm
I think you might be right about the lobbying. I was told that the delay was due to R-line parts not being available so not as a result of the new legislation but just poor planning. Surely they could anticipate the orders coming in?

I will be writing to VW UK and asking for at least a full explanation for the delay as no-one actually knows why some come through and some don't. Spoke to dealership today but just say October at the earliest. App says with the factory.
I think some free servicing at least would be in order or some extras !
If you are going to lobby, you should ask for more than free servicing for your troubles-I got 2 years free servicing to encourage me to buy, as I was still thinking about it. Albeit mine being a manual not DSG.
(not just 1.5 DSG by the way-It seems DSG across the range).
Regards-
Geoff
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI 150PS EVO 6-speed Manual
Metallic Ravenna Blue with Black Roof
Alloy wheels 18" 'Arlo' Adamantium Silver
Rear-view camera. Lumbar support in front seats
Beats Audio.


Moominter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 am

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Moominter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 am

We ordered an Audi S line Q2 in early May , we have just been told that the delivery will probably be December at the earliest, we did test drive the T Roc first but we liked the interior of the Q2 more , I have contacted the local VW dealer and he says he can get us an fully loaded spect R line T Roc 1.5 DSG in October for when we need a car for £4K cheaper than the Q2 we ordered even though we got £3k off the Q2 when ordering , I’m in two minds if we should cancel the Q2 and order the T Roc , this thread dosnt really give me confidence on what the VW dealer is telling me .
The other option is an Alfa Stelvio as they are offering big discounts at the moment and a mid spec car with full leather & 20” wheels is roughly the same price as a top spec Q2 &T Roc & no problems with delivery , also the new Merc AMG line A class looks amazing for the money , Dilemma!!


Mackemsteve
Posts: 220
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:43 pm

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Mackemsteve » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Well if your choose one of the others, get off our forum! 😂
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.


Grafter
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Grafter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 pm

I rang VW UK today and spoke to a lady called Nichola. I told her my grievance re the proposed delivery and asked for some clarification on the delay and confirmation of when It will actually be ready. She took my order number,build number and the proposed date of delivery from my order form saying that she would get some answers from the relevant departments and ring me back on Tuesday morning.
I will keep you posted on that one, trying to remain optimistic but not holding my breath.


Grafter
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 pm

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Grafter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Moominter wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 am
We ordered an Audi S line Q2 in early May , we have just been told that the delivery will probably be December at the earliest, we did test drive the T Roc first but we liked the interior of the Q2 more , I have contacted the local VW dealer and he says he can get us an fully loaded spect R line T Roc 1.5 DSG in October for when we need a car for £4K cheaper than the Q2 we ordered even though we got £3k off the Q2 when ordering , I’m in two minds if we should cancel the Q2 and order the T Roc , this thread dosnt really give me confidence on what the VW dealer is telling me .
The other option is an Alfa Stelvio as they are offering big discounts at the moment and a mid spec car with full leather & 20” wheels is roughly the same price as a top spec Q2 &T Roc & no problems with delivery , also the new Merc AMG line A class looks amazing for the money , Dilemma!!
Sister in law has just purchased a Q2 and great if you like standard spec but build one up to T-roc R line standard spec on the Audi website and see how much it costs you will be shocked as I remember close to 29k...
Can't speak for the Alfa but avoid the A class AMG Merc , they look fantastic in grey with the gunmetal alloys but open and close a door and you'll see what quality it isn't.
At the end of the day it's just my opinion and you like what you like but it's the T-roc R line for me. I wish you luck in whatever you choose.


Moominter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 am

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Moominter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 am

Mackemsteve wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm
Well if your choose one of the others, get off our forum! 😂
Brilliant!


Moominter
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:37 am

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Moominter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:03 am

Grafter wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 pm
Moominter wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 am
We ordered an Audi S line Q2 in early May , we have just been told that the delivery will probably be December at the earliest, we did test drive the T Roc first but we liked the interior of the Q2 more , I have contacted the local VW dealer and he says he can get us an fully loaded spect R line T Roc 1.5 DSG in October for when we need a car for £4K cheaper than the Q2 we ordered even though we got £3k off the Q2 when ordering , I’m in two minds if we should cancel the Q2 and order the T Roc , this thread dosnt really give me confidence on what the VW dealer is telling me .
The other option is an Alfa Stelvio as they are offering big discounts at the moment and a mid spec car with full leather & 20” wheels is roughly the same price as a top spec Q2 &T Roc & no problems with delivery , also the new Merc AMG line A class looks amazing for the money , Dilemma!!
Sister in law has just purchased a Q2 and great if you like standard spec but build one up to T-roc R line standard spec on the Audi website and see how much it costs you will be shocked as I remember close to 29k...
Can't speak for the Alfa but avoid the A class AMG Merc , they look fantastic in grey with the gunmetal alloys but open and close a door and you'll see what quality it isn't.
At the end of the day it's just my opinion and you like what you like but it's the T-roc R line for me. I wish you luck in whatever you choose.
Yeah the spec of the Q2 we have ordered came to around £37K and discounted to £34k , a similar spec T Roc 1.5 auto is around £33K but discounted price is around £30K.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”