Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
User1234

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by User1234 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Grafter wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 pm
I think you might be right about the lobbying. I was told that the delay was due to R-line parts not being available so not as a result of the new legislation but just poor planning. Surely they could anticipate the orders coming in?

I will be writing to VW UK and asking for at least a full explanation for the delay as no-one actually knows why some come through and some don't. Spoke to dealership today but just say October at the earliest. App says with the factory.
I think some free servicing at least would be in order or some extras !
If you are going to lobby, you should ask for more than free servicing for your troubles-I got 2 years free servicing to encourage me to buy, as I was still thinking about it. Albeit mine being a manual not DSG.
(not just 1.5 DSG by the way-It seems DSG across the range).
Regards-
Geoff

Moominter

Post by Moominter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 am

We ordered an Audi S line Q2 in early May , we have just been told that the delivery will probably be December at the earliest, we did test drive the T Roc first but we liked the interior of the Q2 more , I have contacted the local VW dealer and he says he can get us an fully loaded spect R line T Roc 1.5 DSG in October for when we need a car for £4K cheaper than the Q2 we ordered even though we got £3k off the Q2 when ordering , I’m in two minds if we should cancel the Q2 and order the T Roc , this thread dosnt really give me confidence on what the VW dealer is telling me .
The other option is an Alfa Stelvio as they are offering big discounts at the moment and a mid spec car with full leather & 20” wheels is roughly the same price as a top spec Q2 &T Roc & no problems with delivery , also the new Merc AMG line A class looks amazing for the money , Dilemma!!

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Well if your choose one of the others, get off our forum! 😂
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

Grafter

Post by Grafter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:36 pm

I rang VW UK today and spoke to a lady called Nichola. I told her my grievance re the proposed delivery and asked for some clarification on the delay and confirmation of when It will actually be ready. She took my order number,build number and the proposed date of delivery from my order form saying that she would get some answers from the relevant departments and ring me back on Tuesday morning.
I will keep you posted on that one, trying to remain optimistic but not holding my breath.

Grafter

Post by Grafter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 pm

Moominter wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 am
We ordered an Audi S line Q2 in early May , we have just been told that the delivery will probably be December at the earliest, we did test drive the T Roc first but we liked the interior of the Q2 more , I have contacted the local VW dealer and he says he can get us an fully loaded spect R line T Roc 1.5 DSG in October for when we need a car for £4K cheaper than the Q2 we ordered even though we got £3k off the Q2 when ordering , I’m in two minds if we should cancel the Q2 and order the T Roc , this thread dosnt really give me confidence on what the VW dealer is telling me .
The other option is an Alfa Stelvio as they are offering big discounts at the moment and a mid spec car with full leather & 20” wheels is roughly the same price as a top spec Q2 &T Roc & no problems with delivery , also the new Merc AMG line A class looks amazing for the money , Dilemma!!
Sister in law has just purchased a Q2 and great if you like standard spec but build one up to T-roc R line standard spec on the Audi website and see how much it costs you will be shocked as I remember close to 29k...
Can't speak for the Alfa but avoid the A class AMG Merc , they look fantastic in grey with the gunmetal alloys but open and close a door and you'll see what quality it isn't.
At the end of the day it's just my opinion and you like what you like but it's the T-roc R line for me. I wish you luck in whatever you choose.

Moominter

Post by Moominter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:52 am

Mackemsteve wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:07 pm
Well if your choose one of the others, get off our forum! 😂
Brilliant!

Moominter

Post by Moominter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:03 am

Grafter wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:48 pm
Moominter wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:40 am
Sister in law has just purchased a Q2 and great if you like standard spec but build one up to T-roc R line standard spec on the Audi website and see how much it costs you will be shocked as I remember close to 29k...
Can't speak for the Alfa but avoid the A class AMG Merc , they look fantastic in grey with the gunmetal alloys but open and close a door and you'll see what quality it isn't.
At the end of the day it's just my opinion and you like what you like but it's the T-roc R line for me. I wish you luck in whatever you choose.
Yeah the spec of the Q2 we have ordered came to around £37K and discounted to £34k , a similar spec T Roc 1.5 auto is around £33K but discounted price is around £30K.

Retired@last

Post by Retired@last » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi placed my order in May 15th.Ordered most of the options including panoramic sun roof.Phoned VW UK last week they said ring back beginning of August.I have just found out there is a 3 week shutdown at the plant in Portugal during August.When ordering the dealership said if I accepted delivery in September I would have the new reg I agreed to this.They are now telling me It will probably be end of October.Most of the delays I believe are due to the new regulations and lack of test facilities but the 3 week shutdown is not going to help.Reading some of the other posts things are looking pretty dire for deliveries.May the farce be with you.

ianchelt

Post by ianchelt » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi: Given my experience (ordered in February) and no sign of even a build date yet... Xmas is the most likely delivery date. I’m not joking either. Let us know how you get on, especially with your dealer. He may be telling you “porkies” !

Ian

TToc 1.5 DSG

User1234

Post by User1234 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Retired@last wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:49 pm
Hi placed my order in May 15th.Ordered most of the options including panoramic sun roof.Phoned VW UK last week they said ring back beginning of August.I have just found out there is a 3 week shutdown at the plant in Portugal during August.When ordering the dealership said if I accepted delivery in September I would have the new reg I agreed to this.They are now telling me It will probably be end of October.Most of the delays I believe are due to the new regulations and lack of test facilities but the 3 week shutdown is not going to help.Reading some of the other posts things are looking pretty dire for deliveries.May the farce be with you.
Retired@last-Does your order contain a DSG gearbox by any chance?

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”