Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Newtroconthebloc

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:29 am

Clio55 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:19 am
After ordering my 1.5 DSG SEL back in February, I have been advised by the dealer that it is currently sitting on the system as build week 43. In view of the fact that they have announced that the 2019 T Roc will have certain certain changes, including soft interior plastics, will we get a 2018 or 2019 model do you think?
Hi
Where have you heard about the soft interior plastics ?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18 !

Clio55

Post by Clio55 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:49 am

I was told verbally that soft plastics were coming but I cannot find anything to substantiate that - maybe I have been misinformed :( Has anyone else heard the same?

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:12 pm

It’s on this forum
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=465
Interesting you’ve also been told, anyone in authority?
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18 !

Grafter

Post by Grafter » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:55 pm

Just been told by my dealership that my order is running on schedule and build week is ,as before, week 38. This is after VW UK said that it may be xmas before I see it !!!???
The only thing that they both agree on is that I will get a courtesy vehicle if mine doesn't arrive on time (veiled warning?)
App still saying with factory so will be keeping an eye on it at week 34 but almost tempted to say I give up :-(

Grrralph

Post by Grrralph » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:41 am

Having started this thread in April I was expecting to have some clarity by August. I have now been given a build week for the second week in November, but only provisionally meaning of course that it can be moved. If it is delayed beyond that then it won't be long before the waiting period is approaching one year, my order having been placed on 14 March. I have to say I wasn't expecting that.

I have considered cancelling the order, but decided against it because I am convinced that this is the right car for me. I can't find an alternative that comes close.

I'm still of the opinion that such reasons as have been given the delay cannot possibly justify it a delay of this length, so this remains a mystery to me.
Grralph - 1.5 DSG SEL in dark oak brown with black roof - winter pack with side assist plus - ordered mid March '18 with no confirmed build week yet - Manchester UK

ShuF

Post by ShuF » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Last contact from my dealer was a build week of 32, that was beginning of this week & no progress on the app, but I'm taking the fact that the factory is on a 3 week holiday as "another" reason for the delay. A friend of mine is currently driving around in a courtesy Golf as his Golf-E is currently over 12 months.
SF
T-Roc SEL 1.5 EVO Ravenna Blue with Black Roof, Montego Bay wheels, Sports Pack, Winter pack & lumbar support :D Ordered 18/05/18

beatbox

Post by beatbox » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi All

New to the forum and certainly alarming to read other people's experience with lead time, but I guess not a total surprise given the new emissions criteria. I ordered mine on 2nd July and have a provisional build week 38 (week of 17th Sept) according to my dealer and VW customer services. Out of interest (and not that I want to do this), but has anyone actually gone back and cancelled their order with the dealer due to delays and got back deposit? The vehicle order form I signed is binding, so interested to hear if anyone has indeed managed to do this if fed up with waiting?
Cheers

m87

Post by m87 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

My car was ordered on the 1st of May I was told BW 31 end of July just spoken to the live advisor and been told its gone to BW 42. Not impressed at all

troc-on

Post by troc-on » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:51 pm

beatbox wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:15 pm
Hi All

New to the forum and certainly alarming to read other people's experience with lead time, but I guess not a total surprise given the new emissions criteria. I ordered mine on 2nd July and have a provisional build week 38 (week of 17th Sept) according to my dealer and VW customer services. Out of interest (and not that I want to do this), but has anyone actually gone back and cancelled their order with the dealer due to delays and got back deposit? The vehicle order form I signed is binding, so interested to hear if anyone has indeed managed to do this if fed up with waiting?
Cheers
I did that with Skoda when I ordered a Karoq and paid my deposit, I ordered from the factory and not from stock, so when I cancelled there was technically no car so got my deposit back, had to be quite firm with them though but I read on other forums that dealers are allowing cancellations due to the delays. Should you decide to go down that road I'm sure you will get it back as long as you don't wait until there's a physical car built to your order......wishful thinking for me lol

troc-on

Post by troc-on » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:16 am

Got a text this morning saying my build week is confirmed, I can't see any week/year, it just says "The date for work to start on your car has been confirmed and the build will begin shortly." Is there a different way of finding the week?

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”