Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Dolphinfriendly1012

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:45 am

I've found using the web chat link on the vw site the easiest way to check what stage your oder is at. last week I was told I should have a build week at the end of the month and that the current lead time for mine is 18-20 weeks from order.
Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. Expected November(ish).

troc-on

Post by troc-on » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:59 am

Done as you suggested and got this reply

I can confirm you have a confirmed build week 35 which is the week commencing 27th August.

So hopefully good for mid November delivery as the dealer said...fingers crossed.

ShuF

Post by ShuF » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Still no BW :-(… "they are allocating build weeks...blah blah blah....6-7 weeks to build & ship ...blah blah blah
At this rate first & last VW I'll ever own, should have gone with Mazda :-D
SF
T-Roc SEL 1.5 EVO Ravenna Blue with Black Roof, Montego Bay wheels, Sports Pack, Winter pack & lumbar support :D Ordered 18/05/18

crouser

Post by crouser » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 am

ShuF wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:34 pm
Still no BW :-(… "they are allocating build weeks...blah blah blah....6-7 weeks to build & ship ...blah blah blah
At this rate first & last VW I'll ever own, should have gone with Mazda :-D
SF
Well, not to scare you off, but I've ordered mine on 27.02. and still no build week :?
T-ROC 1.5 tsi DSG, turmeric yellow, , park assist, rear camera, side assist, keyless

beatbox

Post by beatbox » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:47 pm

Have been told this morning that my provisional build week has slipped from week 38 to now week 42 (Mon 15th Oct). This means estimated delivery is still around the guidance of 20 weeks from order I was told, so acceptable for now. I have told my Dealer that any further slip (or if VW cannot confirm a build week by mid Sept) then I will be forced to cancel and look else where (maybe an in stock car elsewhere with T Roc optional features that are standard). I do have a Suzuki Vitara S at the moment (which has been an awesome car, great engine) and Suzuki are about to release the facelift of that in Sept, so might just go buy one of them again as spec as standard is high (new spec for Sept still to be released).

troc-on

Post by troc-on » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:55 pm

My build week was moved 2 weeks this morning....in the wrong direction :(
Mine went from week 35 to week 37, still on schedule though if delivery is 6 to 7 weeks from start of build, I was quoted 18 weeks from ordering in July.

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 pm

As it stands I've had no change other than with the factory, I have also been advised 18-20 weeks from order but I was also told at the time of ordering October which was then changed to November. VW Have said I should have a build date by the end if August. I'm happy with that at the moment but I guess it depends on what build week I get. Looking at the above I'm a little concerned if it's going to be this side of Christmas.
Ordered 19/06 - R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, keyless, electric tailgate & lumber support. Expected November(ish).

EddyG

Post by EddyG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:48 am

Just thought I would share my recent experience. A UK customer ordered a 1.5 dsg SEL on 21st May and was originally told delivery before 1st September. I decided to use the web chat 4 weeks ago after reading this thread to get a provisional build date and was told 12th october so delivery end of November or early December. I was also told that as lead time was 18 weeks when ordered I am entitled to a courtesy car from 24th September. I thought it’s better than nothing and contacted my dealership who said they were waiting to get my request authorised. Anyway a month has passed and no call back so thought I would try the web chat again. This time they would not give me a provisional build date but after pressing as I had contacted them before they told me it’s now 5th November. So delivery late this year or early next year. I have a strange feeling it will be feb at the very very earliest. Am expecting a call from an exec at my dealership today with regards to courtesy car request. I can’t help feel that communication is terrible once they have your order. Not to mention my partner bought a 3 year old polo at the same time which has had to be fixed twice after the air con broke and an electrical failure left my partner on the roadside with a 9 month old baby for 4 hours. Honestly am not impressed and nothing is offered in terms of compensation for their complete and utter mess up regarding wltp. Considering I never sought compensation for my diesel scirocco I cannot help feel my loyalty has been misplaced.

EddyG

Post by EddyG » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:56 am

I keep reading threads about people expecting their cars in November and they ordered in June/July. Honestly don’t be deluded especially if you ordered a 1.5dsg! It’s better everyone is aware of the significant delays we are all facing. Also when I spoke to my dealership 4 weeks ago he said he was telling people ordering then it will be March delivery. He sounded stressed and said imagine trying to sell a car with that lead time

ShuF

Post by ShuF » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:44 pm

It's the total lack of communication that's so frustrating, their own FAQ state that approx. 4 weeks after Stage 2 (with the factory) you will get a BW, I'm currently 6 weeks passed this date. Dealer stated Oct but more realistically Nov which I'm beginning to believe is more like early 2019 & means I have another MOT to put my current car through. Seat are in the same boat, latest lead times on an Arona is 6 months.
Actually must be pretty frustrating for the salespeople, as they don't get their commission until you get your car!
Sf
T-Roc SEL 1.5 EVO Ravenna Blue with Black Roof, Montego Bay wheels, Sports Pack, Winter pack & lumbar support :D Ordered 18/05/18

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”