Delayed build week (major)

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
quinnyefc

Re: Delayed build week (major)

Post by quinnyefc » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:32 pm

happy with the colour choice ive ordered the same, cant wait to see what the blue turned alloys look like as not seen anyone with them, ive gone for the Ravenna blue/black seats as I got the blue dash boards

hoping for it in march now, get it with a 19 plate, ill be happy once its got a build date or deliver to country date.

thinking mine might get fast tracked as Volkswagen are waiting for my lease car back so they can sell it off!
Car ordered 23/10/2018
TRoc 1.0 TSI Design,
Metallic - Indium grey, Ravenna blue dashboard pads, Two tone black roof
17" Mayfield atlantic blue diamond turned alloy wheels
Park assist system with steering assist, Active Info Display :D

billebrius

Post by billebrius » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:57 pm

First of all a self edit. I have never bought a new car in 50 years of driving so have no idea of process etc. Currently driving a most excellent 2010 Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI Blue Motion I was astounded to read on this forum the trials and tribulations, especially with delivery times and lack of communications. Having ordered a T Roc 1.0 SE in November 2018 with an estmated delivery of end of March I think I have changed my mind. I could not accept the dreadful, no other word, customer performance that you folks put up with. I admire your stoicism with dates, miscomunications and faults in a new purchase. Sorry, I am not made of such stern stuff. I am off tomorrow to cancel my order and find another good used car. Bless you all and enjoy your cars 😊

billebrius

Post by billebrius » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:01 pm

First of all a self edit. I have never bought a new car in 50 years of driving so have no idea of process etc. Currently driving a most excellent 2010 Golf Plus SE 1.6 TDI Blue Motion I was astounded to read on this forum the trials and tribulations, especially with delivery times and lack of communications. Having ordered a T Roc 1.0 SE in November 2018 with an estmated delivery of end of March I think I have changed my mind. I could not accept the dreadful, no other word, customer performance that you folks put up with. I admire your stoicism with dates, miscomunications and faults in a new purchase. Sorry, I am not made of such stern stuff. I am off tomorrow to cancel my order and find another good used car. Bless you all and enjoy your cars 😊

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:02 am

Before rushing headlong - deliveries are being made, but delivery times would seem to vary depending on the engine chosen. I ordered mine late October and was quoted mid-March ish as a delivery slot - which was fine for me. Then got notification that it was scheduled for build mid December - which it was, and had left the factory. Still in transit as at time of writing this, but expected at the dealers by end Jan / early Feb.

A lot of the delays were caused by either the WLTP testing - which has affected ALL manufacturers, not just VAG - and the dockers strike in Portugal, stopping built cars being shipped (which ended mid-December), so cars are now coming through.

As for customer service, that hasn't changed, VAG customer service always has been diabolical.

Problems some owners seem to be experiencing with the clutch and 1.5 engines seem to be across the VW range and not just the TRoc.

If you do cancel, I wish you well with your search for a good used car, just a shame that you won't experience the TRoc (or just yet anyway).
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

cadbury-troc

Post by cadbury-troc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 am

An update on my vehicle. The estimated build week rose to week 10 but has come back down to week 8 and been there for the last two weeks. Hopefully it'll stay that way until it gets confirmed.

If that's the case, it'll be a year from ordering to the vehicle starting to be delivered. As for how long that'll take and if it'll get here 4 weeks later remains to be seen but I am not hopeful given what I've read from others on here.

I have not looked in to the specifics of WLTP certification but it wasn't announced overnight and VW had ample time to get engines and vehicles certified long before it became official. To have not done so is simply astonishing and I hope it is reflected in their sales. It's going to take a lot to change my mind about ever buying a VW again. As I said before, the only reason I've continued with the order is because a Volvo XC40 would take many months longer as they're also suffering from delays but not due to the incompetence of their business.
1.5 petrol SEL DSG in atlantic blue with keyless entry, driver assistance pack plus, winter pack and rear camera
ordered 17/02/2018
build week 11/03/2019
in transit 04/03/2019
arrived in UK 19/03/19
with dealer 22/03/19
collected 26/03/19

Newtroconthebloc

Post by Newtroconthebloc » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:31 am

cadbury-troc wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:23 am
An update on my vehicle. The estimated build week rose to week 10 but has come back down to week 8 and been there for the last two weeks. Hopefully it'll stay that way until it gets confirmed.

If that's the case, it'll be a year from ordering to the vehicle starting to be delivered. As for how long that'll take and if it'll get here 4 weeks later remains to be seen but I am not hopeful given what I've read from others on here.

I have not looked in to the specifics of WLTP certification but it wasn't announced overnight and VW had ample time to get engines and vehicles certified long before it became official. To have not done so is simply astonishing and I hope it is reflected in their sales. It's going to take a lot to change my mind about ever buying a VW again. As I said before, the only reason I've continued with the order is because a Volvo XC40 would take many months longer as they're also suffering from delays but not due to the incompetence of their business.
It’s not VW that test for WLTP compliance, it’s the officials not being able to cope with the workload !
1.5 SEL Petrol Manual Ravenna blue Sport pack power tailgate park assist reverse camera lumbar support (ordered 11 06 18) build w/c 1/10/18|at the dealers |collecting Thursday 3rd January 19.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 am

Well how useless is the VW Tracking Application. App still shows my car as in transit, yet dealer just rang to say it had arrived at the dealership this morning. What happened top Stage 6 (arrived in UK) and Stage 7 (arrived at dealership) texts and emails?

That's not bad though - ordered 20th October 2018, delivered to dealer 14th January 2019 - less than 3 months.
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

dsaunders70

Post by dsaunders70 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 am
Well how useless is the VW Tracking Application. App still shows my car as in transit, yet dealer just rang to say it had arrived at the dealership this morning. What happened top Stage 6 (arrived in UK) and Stage 7 (arrived at dealership) texts and emails?

That's not bad though - ordered 20th October 2018, delivered to dealer 14th January 2019 - less than 3 months.
I know what you mean, I ordered mine in September, The app updated to 5a (In transit) on 27th November, then stage 6 (Arrived in UK) on 17th December, then again stage 6 on the 10th January and finally stage 7 (arrived at dealers) on 11 January. Spoke to My dealers and he says its arrived in Emden ready to be shipped to the UK..?

When I got my Tiguan the app was very accurate and actually gave me information before the dealer did..!

I'm not worried as I am not taking delivery until 1st March. Its just very confusing.
1.0 TSi Design Energetic Orange & Black,
17" Mayfield Gloss Black alloys
LED Headlights, Rear Camera
Keyless Entry, Lumbar front Seat
Winter Pack, Heated Steering wheel
Ordered 1/09/18
Confirmed build 26/11/18
Collected 02/02/19

decw21

Post by decw21 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:01 pm

Things are happening.
Ordered mine Sept 16th 2018 arrived in UK Jan 15th 2019 well ahead of expected delivery, Whoo-Hoo.
My spec T-Roc SEL 1.5 manual, Energetic Orange and Black,. I've been buying lots of extras in the mean time. Chrome strip for boot, luggage liner and nets, mudflaps, stainless steel still guards, Screen deflectors, these are great and cut down on wind noise and rain entering through open window, T-Roc decals similar to the R-Line for the wings, interior console and felt inserts, and finally dynamic indicators. Phew, there's a whole days work there!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:38 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 am

AN UPDATE

So having been advised that my car had arrived at the dealership (contrary to the tracking app which I had scorned (above) and which still shows the car in transit), I went up to have a look at it prior to it being PDI'd and to finalise the paperwork.

Hmmm. Not my car - which apparently IS still in transit (inline with what the app shows). Not exactly happy, but at least someone who WAS expecting their R-Line will now get a nice phone call later today.
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19