Steering/Braking noise..

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen T-Roc
Adnerb

Re: Steering/Braking noise..

Post by Adnerb » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm

I experienced that same loud noise whilst reversing and breaking, sounds like a cow 'mooing'. To cut a long story short, visited dealership and escalated to VW HQ. Received weekly calls from HQ to see how things were progressing with the dealership, but it wasn't their fault. It's a fault with the break discs/pads which have now been 're-modelled'. VW replaced them free of charge as they admitted there was a design fault with the breaks and a good few people had reported the same. My T-ROC has not made a sound since. I refused to give up and be fobbed off that it was a design feature. Despite this, I love my T-ROC.

Tigermad

Post by Tigermad » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:03 pm

Davy68 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:43 am
An update on mine,
Reported the noise when i took the car in for its 1st service and the garage acknowledged that the brakes were making the noise, after waiting over 6 weeks, the new modified brake pads were fitted by the garage, seems that VW have issued a TPI [technical product information] on the problem, so they are aware that there is a problem, they said that vibration was the problem,
so far-- no more mooing
What’s the TPI on this? Wonder why new cars may still be effected if they have been modified.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

twist

Post by twist » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Tigermad wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:03 pm
What’s the TPI on this? Wonder why new cars may still be effected if they have been modified.
Most likely a numbers game: cheaper for VW to only replace the parts if/when customers complain. They’re probably fitting the old ones until they run out of them.
1.5 DSG R-line in Indium Grey
Keyless, park assist, rear view cam, driver assist pack plus, lumbar support
Ordered: 11/12/19 / Collected 20/03/20

Justas

Post by Justas » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:44 am

Adnerb wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm
I experienced that same loud noise whilst reversing and breaking, sounds like a cow 'mooing'. To cut a long story short, visited dealership and escalated to VW HQ. Received weekly calls from HQ to see how things were progressing with the dealership, but it wasn't their fault. It's a fault with the break discs/pads which have now been 're-modelled'. VW replaced them free of charge as they admitted there was a design fault with the breaks and a good few people had reported the same. My T-ROC has not made a sound since. I refused to give up and be fobbed off that it was a design feature. Despite this, I love my T-ROC.
Do you have any kind of written information where VW admits that there is a design fault? Could you help me and share a letter or screenshot of any conversation from VW HQ or a dealer? Having same problem and after the first stop at the dealer VW evaluated brakes as "operating normally". No surprise. Meanwhile, that mooing sound makes me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
Justas
T-Roc | R-Line (ext) | White Silver - Black
2.0TDI 150H DSG
Beats, Panoramic sunroof, 18-inch alloy wheels, Active Information Display, DCC, LED lights, Heated multifunction steering wheel, Discover Media, Keyless Access...

Tigermad

Post by Tigermad » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Justas wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:44 am
Adnerb wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:58 pm
Do you have any kind of written information where VW admits that there is a design fault? Could you help me and share a letter or screenshot of any conversation from VW HQ or a dealer? Having same problem and after the first stop at the dealer VW evaluated brakes as "operating normally". No surprise. Meanwhile, that mooing sound makes me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.
Thats weird, see my post above. My garage saw the TPI straight away and did mine and my mooing was nowhere near as bad as others.
Troc Rline Line turmeric yellow/black ordered 11/07/19
Build week confirmed message on 19/07/19
Build week (confirmed) week 35
Status 5a in transit 27/08/19
Status 6 arrived in UK 05/09/19
Status 7 At dealer 11/09/19
Due for collection 19/09/19

twist

Post by twist » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Tigermad wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:51 pm

Thats weird, see my post above. My garage saw the TPI straight away and did mine and my mooing was nowhere near as bad as others.
My local dealership were a pain and insisted on a replication of the noise so I left it considering I was rejecting the car anyway.

Some dealerships are just more difficult to deal with than others I guess!

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:10 pm

twist wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:04 pm
My dealer didn’t argue the toss about the roo or the moo. To be fair, both are production issues and a dealer is in the first line of fire.

Persistence brings a meeting of minds in those being less amenable :)

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:20 pm

twist wrote:
Tigermad wrote:

My local dealership were a pain and insisted on a replication of the noise so I left it considering I was rejecting the car anyway.

Why do dealerships do this or say its normal for the t-roc to do this?
Surely they would be quids in just to go ahead and change the rear brakes under warranty :roll:
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P

twist

Post by twist » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:42 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:20 pm
twist wrote:
Tigermad wrote:

Surely they would be quids in just to go ahead and change the rear brakes under warranty :roll:
The way the service manager explained it to me was “if we don’t verify it, VW won’t pay out.” But I don’t understand why they don’t just send a technical report to VW and see what they say - at least with brand new cars!

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:00 pm

twist wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:42 pm
vernerbongo2 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:20 pm
twist wrote:

The way the service manager explained it to me was “if we don’t verify it, VW won’t pay out.” But I don’t understand why they don’t just send a technical report to VW and see what they say - at least with brand new cars!
Exactly :?
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line revenna blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar.
Registered 24/9/18 bought 10/12/18 (pre-reg with 25 miles) :P