Fox keeps eating the wiring.

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Notimpressed

Fox keeps eating the wiring.

Post by Notimpressed » Mon May 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Anyone else heard of this. Fox seems to ignore all the other cars in the parking area and sneak under the car at night. Eat all the wiring leaving the car totally undriveable. Happened twice in a month!
Seems the wiring is not covered and they use ECO wiring which means the insulation is made from vegetables!!! So Mr fox gets stuck in to a good meal.

So is this a one off or has anyone else heard of this?

havsgaard

Re: Fox keeps eating the wiring.

Post by havsgaard » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 am

I have never heard of this problems with a fox, however Martens is a devils creature, they sneak into the car and up in the engine bay, having a feast of all the cabling and hoses..

I have seen tracks of a Marten in my engine bay, I took different counter measures against it, but it is still around. I have setup a trap, an ultrasound device and sprayed the engine with cable guard, but it seems to still find its way in. Next step, is to make a 'spicy' spray of strong chilli, and I will sprays whatever can be reached with it and hopefully it will suffer, should it decide to use it's little devils teeths on anything.
1.5 tsi dsg - black oak - sport trim - navigation - sport package with lowered suspension - reverse cam - park sensors

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”