Hello Good People

New to the Volkswagen T-Roc Forums? Introduce yourself here
User1234

Hello Good People

Post by User1234 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Just like to say 'Hello People',

Thanks for the welcome Rob.

Just a quick introduction-I'm from the U.K.-The North of England (of the slightly older generation :roll: )
You can see in my signature like others sigs. what my pride and joy is going to be (all being well)

I've been following you all on the Forum, and hope to make many friends through it.
Seems to be a good all-round collection of views on the 'small black Ram' :lol:, and seems to be quite an informative forum.

My motor was ordered in mid April (edited-I incorrectly put march), and was confirmed on VW chat today as on target for a week 23 build. Just like lots of people on here, I cant wait ! I hope the folks who ordered there's, and have now received them, are enjoying them.
Anyway, I hope to contribute now and then-looking forward to more inputs on the Forum to read. Speak to you soon.

Regards-
Geoff

Mackemsteve

Re: Hello Good People

Post by Mackemsteve » Mon May 21, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi Geoff. When's week 23 in English? I ordered in March and mine's due to be built a week today!
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

StevieDvd

Post by StevieDvd » Tue May 22, 2018 8:44 am

week 23 = 4-10 June 2018
SEL 2.0 litre Auto 4Motion
Colour Indium Grey Metallic
Alloy wheels, 18" Arlo Adamatium Silver
Reversing Camera, Park Assist & winter pack added

SiggiGunda

Post by SiggiGunda » Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Hello Geoff and welcome aboard. I got mine in April wich I ordered 6th. Of December. Drove it for 2 weeks and then went of to Spain for 5 weeks and I sure miss the little fellow. But I will be back in it mid next week and looking forward to it. Hope you will enjoy yours. Mine was the first one ordered in Iceland or a day before they first showed it. 😁
Siggi T-ROC Sport TDI 2.0 150 BHp - 7 speed Automatic - 4 motion - panorama sun roof - Electric opening on tail-gate - Ravena Blue

User1234

Post by User1234 » Tue May 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi Mackemsteve, as StevieDvd says above -
Though I got another update today, build week 24 confirmed (first confirmation was on the website via 'chat'-not too bad of a delay though eh?) - 11th June.

Hello SiggiGunda, thanks for the welcome, you were quick off the mark then-first one in Iceland ( the one in the know ) - I don't know these people who get prior knowledge ;-). I'm sure I'll enjoy mine - can't wait, can't wait, can't wait !

Regards both-
Geoff

SiggiGunda

Post by SiggiGunda » Wed May 23, 2018 8:32 am

Yeah well I knew it was comming and I asked the sales rep, who happens to be a friend of mine, to let me know when the premier would be since I wanted a test drive. On Dec. 5th he told me they would premier it on Dec 7th. I told him thats no good I'm flying to Miami fir 10 days that day. So he said well we have 5 cars here now drop by tomorrow. I did and it was love at first sight and made the order. 😎😄
Siggi T-ROC Sport TDI 2.0 150 BHp - 7 speed Automatic - 4 motion - panorama sun roof - Electric opening on tail-gate - Ravena Blue

Polo

Post by Polo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Hello GeoffLad

I see that you have a 1.5 manual T-Roc on order.
Did you get to test drive a 1.5?

User1234

Post by User1234 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Hello Polo,
I picked up my 1.5 last Friday m8.
I have seen your other post on the 'kangaroo' thread, so I'm pre-empting your next question (forgive me if its nothing to do with that) To be honest I came straight from an BMW Series 1 M-sport, which was Auto. Yes the test car I drove was a 1.5 manual, and apart from the usual 'getting used to' the change from auto to manual again, I didn't notice any kangarooing effect.
My new car doesn't suffer from it, but I'm wondering what it may be like in the cold weather (someone mentioned somewhere about it being worse when its cold). Post me back on the forum if it wasn't your intended question-happy to help if I can.
Regards-
Geoff

Polo

Post by Polo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:18 pm

GeoffLad wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:54 pm
Hello Polo,
I picked up my 1.5 last Friday m8.
I have seen your other post on the 'kangaroo' thread, so I'm pre-empting your next question (forgive me if its nothing to do with that) To be honest I came straight from an BMW Series 1 M-sport, which was Auto. Yes the test car I drove was a 1.5 manual, and apart from the usual 'getting used to' the change from auto to manual again, I didn't notice any kangarooing effect.
My new car doesn't suffer from it, but I'm wondering what it may be like in the cold weather (someone mentioned somewhere about it being worse when its cold). Post me back on the forum if it wasn't your intended question-happy to help if I can.
Regards-
Geoff
Thanks for replying to my post GeoffLad.
Yes I was going to ask how you found the 1.5 manual and whether you noticed any issues pulling off in 1st gear. It is good to read that you didn't experience any issue and haven't so far with your new T-Roc.

Can I just ask why you chose to go for a manual instead of DSG? I've never owned a DSG, I did think about ordering one but decided to stick with what I know.

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 pm

I can't speak for Geoff, but for me the reason was a simple one. £1500.
The car was already costing me enough, I wasn't going to spend more on something I wouldn't miss. Most of my drives are such that once I set off I never change gear until I arrive. It seemed a bit of a pointless and costly luxury.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.
Ordered 28/03/2018 - Collected 11/06/2018

Return to “Introductions”