Can you believe the tracker?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
troc

Can you believe the tracker?

Post by troc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 pm

Got a text and an email on Fri 8th June saying T-Roc had progressed to "left the factory in transit, stage 5a" (It was due to be built 11th June) Got another text/email 5 mins ago "your T-Roc has progressed to Stage 3 of 7 (build week confirmed) What a bloody shambles Which one do I believe. I've had a new Golf GTi last year and a new Tiguan. I cannot remember either of the factory updates being as shambolic as this.

troc

Re: Can you believe the tracker?

Post by troc » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Finally got through to VW "live chat" They are having problems with the tracker re-sending old info. In my case car left the factory on the 7th June and is on it's way to exit port

GeoffLad

Post by GeoffLad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi troc,
I had a similar experience-got details of build date, and then a week and a half before-it said it had been built and left the factory?. Then I got another saying build week confirmed, so I decided to ring my dealer to find out what was going on. He confirmed it had been built early🤪
Then not long after the app updated again to say it had been built and had indeed left the factory. As original message.
It’s definitely not reliable. I wondered if different people were incorrectly updating it from different shifts- crazy to be honest. But it seems to be keeping to schedule now anyway- as dealer confirmed.
Regards-Geoff.
T-Roc SEL 1.5 TSI 150PS EVO 6-speed Manual
Metallic Ravenna Blue with Black Roof
Alloy wheels 18" 'Arlo' Adamantium Silver
Rear-view camera. Lumbar support in front seats
Beats Audio.

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 am

Even after I picked my car up yesterday I got a notice to say it was in transit! It seems a bit flaky ATM, just accept the best status it has given you is the correct one. It never REALLY goes backwards.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.

troc

Post by troc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Picked my wife's T-Roc up last Friday, July 6th. Tracker on my phone still showing "in transit". Notified 7th June??

Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:39 pm

How long does it normally take from 'processing order' to accepted by the factory. I know to expect some delays wasn't sure it was going to take forever to email an order form or is it still done by good old fashioned fax machine.
On order R-line 1.5tsi in silver white metallic, park assist, rear camera, beats, panoramic roof, side assist, electric tailgate & lumber support. Expected November(ish).

Mackemsteve

Post by Mackemsteve » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:23 pm

From what I hear it can take a little while sometimes, but mine took less than 24 hours.
1.0 TSi Design
Turmeric Yellow & Black
Front, Rear, Side, Park & High Beam Assist.
LED Headlights, Fog Lights.
Active Info Display, Winter Pack.
Beats Audio.

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”