Car speeding up by itself!!!!

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Jessb

Re: Car speeding up by itself!!!!

Post by Jessb » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi, has anyone found an answer to the speeding up problem ? Mine has also been speeding up, particularly in lower gears, but disconcertingly in 4th gear today. On approach to roundabout eased off accelerater to slow down and the car sped up. In addition I have also been having trouble with the speeding up when negotiating my steep drive in 1st gear, when I reach the flat at the top and start to depress the clutch the car speeds forward. This evening the car displayed a red warning indicator notifying me I was exceeding the engines maximum revs, I was doing less than 5 miles an hour, came to a standstill and the engine started knocking, no sound of over revving. Turned off ignition and restarted, not showing any sign of problem, engine sounds normal. My car has also suffered the kangaroo problem, although this has eased over the last month or so. will be contacting dealer re the latest issue, the cars becoming a handful to drive, always liked Herby, but now I've got one of my own, I'm not so sure 😬
Ordered 8th Jan 18 - TRoc 1.5 tsi SEL , manual, deep pearl black with panoramic sunroof.

Nellybee

Post by Nellybee » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:33 am

I have the same problem with mine it just goes on its own without touching the accelerator .What i have noticed is that when its displaying for you to change down a gear mine seems to be mainly from 5 to 4 this happens .I left it telling me to change down and did nothing and it ran on and on with no accelerator pressed.I will get it to the dealer as i have the kangeroo problem aswell see what they say.

braveheart74

Post by braveheart74 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:48 pm

I believe this happens to me also. Could the gas pedal be sticking?
I will try to note the circumstances in which it occurs.
Incidentally the ‘ kangaroo effect’ in first gear is beginning to annoy me as well.
VW T-Roc 1.5 Sel with Sports Pack,pure white, black roof.

Derooke

Post by Derooke » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:39 pm

Had an update yesterday.
the speeding up is gone now. Unless the car
Is still in acc and a car brakes in front of you and goes out the way, you pull up again.

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:32 pm

My car is being delivered on Friday 7th Sep...... has anyone as well as #Derooke established a cause yet, an update will be very much appreciated :!:
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps Design, [ via CarWow / JCT600 ]
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue Cloth/dashpad
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

Baz

Post by Baz » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:00 pm

I have this problem as well. It did seem to improve by turning off aircon. I guess with lower speed the revs increase to cope with the sir con

Nellybee

Post by Nellybee » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:30 am

It seems to be something to do with the Air Conditioning as mentioned in earlier post.I turned mine off now we have colder weather and it stopped doing it .I did see a setting to alter the fuel usage for Air Con but seem to have lost it wonder if that was altered it would help if i find i will have a play around.

alfman

Post by alfman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:28 am

My car is still doing it. I never have the aircon switched on so it's not the cause for me. It will only happen from a cold engine start. It's not consistent either, somedays it happens somedays it doesn't. As i mentioned earlier it seems to happen as soon as the steering wheel is turned. in 2nd gear.

Jabbafumi

Post by Jabbafumi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Have you taken the car to VW yet, sounds dangerous to drive.

Would be very interested to see what they have to say.

Jamestown

Post by Jamestown » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:40 pm

I’ve noticed this when brake hold is on and I’m parked in slight incline

Return to “Main Volkswagen T-Roc chat”