Blue Mayfield Alloys - how do they look?

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Stu117

Blue Mayfield Alloys - how do they look?

Post by Stu117 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 am

Hi,

I'm about to order a Ravenna Blue design with white roof and thinking of adding the blue Mayfield alloys. Has any one got these or seen these to give an indication of if they look nice.

The dealer has warned me off them as he thinks they cheapen the look of the car but I wanted to get some other opinions or see some pictures before deciding if anyone can share?

Thanks

Stu

Impala

Re: Blue Mayfield Alloys - how do they look?

Post by Impala » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:00 am

I don't really like coloured wheels, but it is a personal choice. I haven't seen any T-Rocs in the metal with the coloured wheels, but I've seen a few other brands which were eye catching, but not in a good way in my view. Have a look at the VW web site and search for used T-Rocs as these often have numerous photos and you may see some with these wheels.

My personal preference is silver or charcoal.
1.5 TSI DSG R-Line Indium Grey rear view camera park assist.
Ordered: 22/06/18
Stage 2: 27/06/18
Stage 3: 08/03/19
Build wk: 14 (01/04/19)
Stage 5a: 31/03/19 (1 wk early)
Est UK: wk 18 (29/04/19)
Collect: early May :D

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:40 pm

I have the black Mayfields which are very stylish. See pics:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=534

I originally 'Configured' my first choicT-Roc options online with Blue Mayfields so, on the final screen view, they looked cool. Have you gone through the same procedure online?.

However my eventual showroom stocked car had black wheels so I had to compromise on my option choices. No matter, I'm still chuffed with my purchase.

PS

12:20hr 14th Feb......happy valentines day :mrgreen:

BLUE MAYFIELDS.......here they are:

iris.jpeg

T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue Cloth/dashpad
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys

mvk

Post by mvk » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am

Not my choice to have coloured wheels, looking at that photo you can hardly see that they are blue, Mind, if you had the orange car and the orange wheels you might see that option better, but it is still a no-no for me in any colour and especially black, which blend in with the tyres. A neighbour has a Red Suzuki with black wheels and it looks awful.
1.0 TSI SE Special solid - Pure white

Stu117

Post by Stu117 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:15 am

Thanks both,

Very useful input. I'm on the fence but had originally wanted a reasonably personalised car so hopefully I'll find a picture of them to help my decision. I've looked at the configurator but find it's hard to tell how they will look in person. Fingers crossed someone can share a picture or first hand impression of the blue wheels.

Thanks

Stu

JAMCT

Post by JAMCT » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 pm

mvk wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am
Not my choice to have coloured wheels, looking at that photo you can hardly see that they are blue, Mind, if you had the orange car and the orange wheels you might see that option better, but it is still a no-no for me in any colour and especially black, which blend in with the tyres. A neighbour has a Red Suzuki with black wheels and it looks awful.
I too, hate completely black alloy wheels, but black / steel machined alloys are the 'bees knees'. :P

I have seen the blue / steel machined Mayfields on a T-Roc passing by recently, and as you say are not unduly 'in your face' so they do actually suit the Ravenna Blue T-Roc :D
T-Roc 1.5 TSI Evo 150ps Design, (KANGAROO FREE)
Ravenna Blue, Black Roof/Door Mirrors, Silver Roof rails
Ravenna Blue Cloth/dashpad
LED Headlights/Running Lights
RearView Camera
Park Assist
Electric Tailgate
17" Mayfield Black Alloys