R line tyre pressure

All Volkswagen T-Roc related discussions
Zastrola

Re: R line tyre pressure

Post by Zastrola » Thu May 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Seems strange they only put vehicle dependant on the one setting when all the others are different as well for the particular models. I have the 1.5 rline and all my pressures are different from the 2 .0, looking at your pic Hawkeye.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 6:15 am

Zastrola wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:50 pm
Seems strange they only put vehicle dependant on the one setting when all the others are different as well for the particular models. I have the 1.5 rline and all my pressures are different from the 2 .0, looking at your pic Hawkeye.
Indeed the 1.5 tyre pressures are different to the 2.0.

I'm wondering whether it's to cover themselves for variations within a model - so for instance, I would image that generally the 1.5 tyre pressures would be the same whether it be the 2-wheel drive version or the 4Motion version, but for partial load ("comfort") there may be a variation between the 2 versions due to what they term "partial load" based on either 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive

Here's what the manual says:

Comfort tyre pressure
Depending on the vehicle, the tyre pressure sticker may show details of a comfort tyre pressure ⇒ Fig. 194③ . The comfort tyre pressure allows increased driving comfort. Fuel consumption may increase when driving with comfort tyre pressure.

Of course there is absolutely no explanation or definition in the manual (or anywhere else that I've found for that matter) as to what is a 'partial load'. One has to assume it's extra weight, but by how much? And when does 'partial load' transfer to ' full load'.

Very confusing. I think I'll mail VWCS asking for a more detailed explanation.
R-Line 2.0TSi DSG 4MOTION
Silver White with Black Roof
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist
Driver Assistance Pack Plus

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Zastrola

Post by Zastrola » Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 am

Cheers Hawkeye,seems the more you read the manual the more confused you get maybe its lost in translation from German to English 😡😡😡

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 8:48 am

Zastrola wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 am
Cheers Hawkeye,seems the more you read the manual the more confused you get maybe its lost in translation from German to English 😡😡😡
Hahahaha I think you are absolutely right!!!!!
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 am

Zastrola wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 am
Spoke with VW Tech Dept - see this thread, which documents what they said

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1141
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

vernerbongo2

Post by vernerbongo2 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Basically means you can go between 33 and 38 then for the best of both worlds, that's what I would do. 😁

Haven't a clue what mines at have never checked since I got it.
Manual 1.5 petrol R-line blue with black roof/wing mirrors, mud flaps, towbar and BLACK ALLOY WHEELS IN THE FUTURE :P

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 10:40 pm

vernerbongo2 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 10:20 pm
Basically means you can go between 33 and 38 then for the best of both worlds, that's what I would do. 😁

Haven't a clue what mines at have never checked since I got it.
I would make a point of checking them then vernerbongo2, as in what seems to be the majority of cases dealers leave them over inflated on delivery. Mine were all over the recommended pressures and no two were the same. Reset them to the recommended pressure and the car drove so much better
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri May 17, 2019 11:19 pm

Talking about tyre pressure Hawkeye, KwikFit apparently inflate tyres with nitrogen because they claim they hold pressure longer and do not age as quickly as those filled with air.

Your car is preened to OCD perfection but your ordinary, air-filled tyres are letting you down. Try not to think about it when you're in bed tonight :mrgreen: .

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » Fri May 17, 2019 11:43 pm

T Roo wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:19 pm
Talking about tyre pressure Hawkeye, KwikFit apparently inflate tyres with nitrogen because they claim they hold pressure longer and do not age as quickly as those filled with air.

Your car is preened to OCD perfection but your ordinary, air-filled tyres are letting you down. Try not to think about it when you're in bed tonight :mrgreen: .
Now how do you expect me to sleep now you’ve told me that - I’ll have to be first in the queue there tomorrow to get them refilled :lol: :lol:

Actually on a serious note - are they filled with air or nitrogen at the factory?
Panoramic Sunroof
'Beats' Sound system
Electric Tailgate
Rear View Camera
Park Assist

Ordered 20-10-18
Collected 19-03-19

T Roo

Post by T Roo » Fri May 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Now how do you expect me to sleep now you’ve told me that - I’ll have to be first in the queue there tomorrow to get them refilled :lol: :lol:

Actually on a serious note - are they filled with air or nitrogen at the factory?
Hahaaaar, I knew you'd bite. Three are filled with air and one with nitrogen. OMG sleep on that :mrgreen:

ps no-one even knows what the spare is filled with.