Volkswagen T-Roc Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
After spare wheel removing, the floor can be lower. I practiced that in the last Sunday .Now I know: 445 liters is the total boot space without any kind of floor inside. The boot decrease- if you have the tire fit ( under the var. floor) to 427 liters or to 412 liters if you have the space saving wheel. 366 liters is the boot capacity remaining after you put the normal spare wheel in boot. These are the answers lfound after I called VW Portugal. So, 445 is the marketing boot, but the real one is smaller. This is 427 or 412 or 366 depending of the floor position if you choose tire fits( available fm Nov 18) or space saver or standard wheel. Of course the boot can be 445 if you have a basic tire fit... in the cabin. Uff!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just in case anyone is still interested. I heard back from my local VW dealer regarding the T-Roc boot. Here's what he said he received from his source:

"YES the T-Roc has the variable boot floor. This all changed in build week 7 where we changed the spare wheel from a full size steel with speed limiting tyres to the space and weight saving spare wheel with the speed limiting tyres, and this is now on ALL trim levels.

If the retailer takes a car from stock and it has pack PRB on it then it will NOT have the variable boot floor option. But if it has pack PRC or is factory ordered with PRC in the standard extensions then it WILL have the ability to lower the boot floor."

·
Registered
47 Posts
If anyone wants a variable floor & they've been stuck with a full size spare wheel & fixed floor then complain to VW UK for British consumers. I've had VW replace the spare on mine so I can use the lower floor as have others on here. Just read through all the comments on this thread & you'll see that others have had this issue rectified by VW

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wonder if I'll suffer from 'boot floor' syndrome-My car may need to go see a psychiatrist - only joking guys ;-)

I can see why this thread is so popular for those trying to gleam every bit of boot space they can as they must need it.

For me, I'd personally be happy to have a full size spare, and forgo the space, as I have no real need for that much space-but it is a personal thing dependant upon needs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got my space saver wheel two weeks ago and the polystyrene tool holder on Thursday. It took ten weeks. The franchise paid for the conversion not VW UK. I phoned VW UK three times and was just fobbed off.
All of you out there now have hard evidence that all should have a space saver, go for it. What a difference it makes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So CJD states to approach VW UK but Tomahawk says his dealer paid for the conversion. I have the full size (boot limiting) spare wheel which is speed limited. As you get the same speed rating with the space-saver it makes sense to get that one and to increase boot capacity, BUT, who is best to approach: VW or dealer?

1.5 Tsi S-El in silver white. Full size spare.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Twarden said:
So CJD states to approach VW UK but Tomahawk says his dealer paid for the conversion. I have the full size (boot limiting) spare wheel which is speed limited. As you get the same speed rating with the space-saver it makes sense to get that one and to increase boot capacity, BUT, who is best to approach: VW or dealer?

1.5 Tsi S-El in silver white. Full size spare.
Twarden-interested to know-

Your full size spare wheel, does it match your standard wheel rims in terms of design and size?

As If you don't require the full boot space, like me...
It wouldn't necessarily make sense to do as your thinking-I wondered if just putting a normal tyre to match your standard tyres on the spare (if the rim allows it-)

At least you can change the flat as normal. Ok you have to fork out for a full size tyre (maybe ;-))

But at least you would have no limitations on speed to think about? -Just a thought.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please read all posts on subjects before posting. Thanks. Finally as stated previousely the full size spare wheel is in fact a 16" steel rim with a high profile tyre to make it up to 18". It is speed rated to 50 mph so can't be used to complete a long journey. It is called a weight saver,I call it a space waster.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Tomahawk said:
Please read all posts on subjects before posting. Thanks. Finally as stated previousely the full size spare wheel is in fact a 16" steel rim with a high profile tyre to make it up to 18". It is speed rated to 50 mph so can't be used to complete a long journey. It is called a weight saver,I call it a space waster.
Tomahawk -What?-
Are you suddenly a forum administrator?
-I was replying to something that was said in the previous post regarding at what was termed as a 'full sized' wheel (which made me wonder if it was indeed a 'full size').

I thank you not to dictate what I should or should not do regarding posts-
Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brian108 said:
I have a space saver. Double the boot space when in the down position
Hi Brian
May you tell to me the size of the space saver wheel?I'ld to buy one to change the normal wheel.
Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My humble apologies I didn't mean to sound like that. I was not directing this sorely at you. In my defence if anyone reads all the posts "full size wheel " is constantly mentioned throughout and the answer is there to be seen on numerous occasions.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You can never have too many boot floor posts, IMO.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Geofflad: it is the same in terms of size but it is a steel wheel rather than an Alloy wheel which has (as far as I'm aware) been the same with every car I've owned. Speed limited to 50mph. So purely a "get you to the nearest garage" option. Think I'd prefer the space saver (same rating-same usage) and a bigger boot!
Thank you for your thoughts by the way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please don't buy a space saver. If a few of us can get ours swapped (tool tray included) YOU ALL CAN, it's VWs problem.
Anyone who does a lot of motorway miles and doesn't need boot space a 5th alloy wheel would be best option (but costly). With this set up you can change wheels and continue your journey. When the puncture is repaired the wheel goes in the boot not Back on the car. But do you want to carry all that extra weight. I read somewhere that we get a puncture on average every nine years.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Some of us are unlucky. In think I average at least one puncture a year, sometimes several.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would of preferred to be given an option (at reduced cost) to buy a proper full sized matching alloy. (as previously posted-I don't need the extra space)
Personally, like in adverse winter/snowy conditions, I would prefer to put on a full sized wheel and tyre for maximum grip on braking and control, rather than a space saver. Apart from the fact that space savers only do the job in the right conditions (it would be worse in the wrong conditions), for me, I really think they look terrible and 'naff'.
It is a personal thing though, but boot size versus safety is a forgone conclusion for me. I suppose I'll have to seriously think about buying a full sized matching alloy-I can also rotate the wheels then to get maximum life and even wear.-Just would have been nice to have been offered the option.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts